TeacherPayTeachers #1 Best-Selling High School Health Curriculum is now available for school district purchase as a "Transferable License."
Click here for a preview of this product.
★ We offer two types of licenses for Health Education Today: the "Transferable License" and the "Single User Non-Transferable License."
★ This "" product is intended to be assigned to one teacher at a time, but it is . In situations involving teacher turnover, extended leave, or other special cases, this license can be reassigned to another teacher. The flexibility of this license ensures that the curriculum remains accessible even amid staffing fluctuations. An additional license fee markup of 40% has been applied for Transferable License products.
★ On the other hand, our "Single User Non-Transferable License" is designed for individual use by one teacher only and is strictly non-transferable. It cannot be shared or passed on to other teachers. This license model is commonly purchased by teachers for their personal use, guaranteeing that each educator has their own license for accessing the curriculum. Please click if you are interested in the Single User Non-Transferable License version.
These High School Health lessons strive to give teens the tools to make positive choices and find success in life, even in the face of overcoming personal hardships and pressures in the complex changing world we live in!
This is an editable Word and PowerPoint "" curriculum AND files are also "" on Google Drive.
>> Integrated Skills Based, Content Based / Knowledge Based. The of both worlds.
>> Meets all HS National Health Education Standards.
>> Meets all HS Technical Subjects Health Common Core Standards.
>> Meets all Washington State’s rigorous Health Education Standards.
>> Aligned to New York Dept. of Education Commencement HS Health Standards.
>>Fact and Evidence based. Meets all 15 “Characteristics of an Effective Health Education Curriculum” set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
set curriculum for one complete SEMESTER OF HEALTH!
for those who teach FULL-YEAR HEALTH.
- Created by a National Board Certified Health teacher of 19 years.
Step-by-step teacher directions follow daily PowerPoint slides.
- ★NEW: "Students use provided links to articles on 20 topics to complete two class bodies.
- ★NEW: Harvard Healthy Plate Worksheet and nutrition formulas.
- ★New: The "Big 5 Body System African Safari"- A student-advocacy activity in the Body Systems Unit.
- ★NEW: "Advocacy First Aid Heroes Project!"
- ★NEW: "" Amazing videos with reflection questions to start any day or week off on a positive note.
- ★NEW: "Self-Advocacy Skills-Based Project" Interactive Fold and Flip.
- ★NEW: Fun "Famous Old Proverbs" activity.
- Click here for "Hot Off the Press" unit examples!
PowerPoints are now online (and editable online).
- Google Slides with . Over 800 total Google Slides divided into 18 Units on Google Slideshows.
- 44 interactive Google Forms.
- Several fun Google Forms "" are included!
- "You have created the best overall set of teaching lessons I have seen in 22 years of teaching! I don't need to "reinvent the wheel."
- "One of the best products I have invested in…well worth the price and then some."
- "LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. So creative. So engaging. This is AWESOME.”
- "This resource has been an absolute lifesaver! It makes up my entire curriculum, and it has made life so easy and made teaching health so fun."
- You saved my life, I was bored to tears teaching Health. Now it's my favorite class!"
- All future updates on this curriculum (new lessons and activities) are FREE.
- Researched-based and theory-driven. The program meets all 15 “Characteristics of an Effective Health Education Curriculum” set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Promotes social and emotional learning (SEL).
- Documents and PowerPoints are editable - docs are .
: This program specifically meets high school level standards aligned to the 9th/10th grade Standards. This program is ideal for 9th and 10th grade students, and it has also worked well for 11th and 12th grade students who have not completed their required Health credit.
★ Watch a video of us telling more about my High School Health program!
★ Click here to see student art project examples!
: This High School Health program is to be purchased along with the Middle/Jr. High School Health program for use in the same school district since there is some lesson overlap.
If you're interested in using my Middle/Jr. High AND my High School Health programs, you will want my , which I designed as 4 consecutive, scaffolded programs.
- Organization to Begin a New School Year
- “Class Syllabus”
- Morning PowerPoints
- “Learning Targets
- Learning Target Success Criteria Exit Sheet
- Classroom Discipline
- Classroom File Folders and Crates Organization Suggestion
- "Learning Target" Posters
1. Beginning a School Year Unit (2 Lessons)
-81 Pages of Step-by-Step Teacher Directions
-2 PowerPoint Presentations With 111+ Slides
-Try this “First Day of School” lesson that has worked great for me for years!
-Introduce yourself to your students with a quiz about you! (template included)
-“Learning Styles Survey”
-"Learning Styles Explanation Handout"
-Amazing YouTube videos that kids love!
-Reinforce an “I will” attitude in your students.
-"Famous Failures" Version of the "I Will" attitude for high school classes!
-Classroom File Folders System
-Introduce "Learning Target" posters and "Worksheets"
-★NEW! "Amazing videos with reflection questions to start any day or week off on a positive note!
-The (A buyer emailed me that she did the activity and got a round of applause when she finished!)
-Give the Final Health Assessment as a "Pre-Test"
-Give the ""
-Optional "Getting to know your classmates "Ice-Breaker"
-Communication Skills Fun!
-Mahatma Gandhi Poster
-Includes "Artwork Rubric" and "Art Competition for Extra Credit System!"
-Creating Student-Generated Classroom Rules on "Sticky Notes"
-Famous Old Proverbs Activity! (See "Preview" for more on this!)
2. Nutrition Unit (20 lessons)
-259 Pages of Step-by-Step Teacher Directions
-7 PowerPoint Presentations
Day 1: INTRODUCTION TO UNIT AND ★NEW!★ HARVARD HEALTHY EATING PLATE:
- Diet advertising in our global market
- How to discern myths and untruths in diet ads!
- "How Healthy Are You Eating" survey
- 5 reasons so many people are overweight
- Portion sizes compared to 1950's!
- ★NEW! Harvard Healthy Eating Plate
Day 2 + 3: ★NEW! :
- Bring life-sized examples of nutritional consequences right into your classroom!
- Each student will be assigned a body part (life size template included!)
- Students will use the worksheet with links provided to research the way an issue impacts their body part.
- Class will end up with one "Positive" and one "Negative" body example of how nutrition impacts our bodies!
- "Drinking Water Extra Credit" program!
Day 4: CALORIE AWARENESS:
- Understanding how calories on a food label relate to suggested daily total
- ♦Formula- Calories needed per day chart (according to age, gender, and activity level) From U.S.D.A. guidelines
- "Calorie Awareness Worksheet" Help a boys named Marcus eat healthier!
- Students will start to use the "Harvard Healthy Plate Worksheet" to record their own personal formula totals!
MYPLATE OPTIONAL: Because I'm now using the "Harvard Healthy Eating Plate," I have the MyPlate activities as optional, but they include worksheets, activities, personalized plate, and quiz! (See Preview for more)
Day 5: UNDERSTANDING FAT AND FAST FOOD RESTAURANTS
- -Healthy fats -vs- unhealthy fats. (Trans and Saturated Fats)
- ♦Formula- How many fat grams should I eat per day?
- -Fast food restaurants: Analyzing calories and fat.
- Are there any healthy choices for me at fast food restaurants?
- Start the "Fast Food Restaurant Posters"
Day 6: CARBOHYDRATES AND SUGAR
- All about fat and sugar!
- ♦Formula- How many carbohydrates do I need per day?
- ♦Formula- What should my grams limit on sugar be per day?
- ♦Formula- What should my calorie limit on sugar be per day?
- Analyzing food labels to know if a product is "healthy"
- Fun “: Measure Crisco and sugar into baggies!
- Reflection to personalize
- "Fat and Sugar Homework"
Day 7: CHOLESTEROL and MORE ON CARBOHYDRATES
- Carbohydrates: the healthy (whole grains) and the unhealthy (sugar and white flour)
- Understanding Diabetes
- What is cholesterol?
- ♦Formula- How much cholesterol do I need?
Day 8: MEDIA LITERACY READING FOOD LABELS
- Media literacy and grocery store manipulation
- “Food Label Reading Worksheet” and activity ★
- "Interactive Food Label Activity"
- Food label reading video
Day 9: FOOD LABEL SCAVENGER HUNTS
- - "Food Label Scavenger Hunt" (NEW!! Now on Google Drive to save paper!)
- - "Food Label Scramble"
- - Both of these activities have students walking around the room reading food labels
Day 10: IRON, PROTEIN, SODIUM, FOOD RECORDS, CALCIUM
- ♦Formula- Protein: How much do I need?
- What does protein do for the body?
- Should I take a protein supplement?
- "Building Muscle Brochure"
- ♦Formula- Iron, sodium, and sodium: Their importance and how much do I need of each?
- The importance of calcium for teens
- ♦Formula- "‘How Much Calcium do I Need Daily?’ Worksheet"
Day 11: DANGER OF ENERGY DRINKS
- “The Dangers of Energy Drinks” Activity
- "Athletes and Energy Drinks" article
- Energy drink dangers videos
Day 12: CANCER, FAMILY MEDICAL HISTORY, EXERCISE
- Understanding Cancer
- Cancer warning signs"
- "Dear 16-Year Old Me" Video
- “Family Medical History Homework"
- Why is exercise important?
- Exercise video and review sheet
- How many calories will I burn during different types of exercise?
- FITT Plans
- Longevity and goal setting
Day 13: EATING HEALTHY FOR LIFE!
- “Eating Healthy for Life Survey” and goal-setting
- Habits, the brain, and eating
- Fun Doodle Notes Goal Setting Activity! (Templates provided!)
Day 14: UNHEALTHY EATING AND EATING DISORDERS
- Understanding eating disorders
- “Eating Disorders Self-Survey”
- "Emotions and Eating Survey"
- Understanding the symptoms of anorexia and bulimia.
- Eating disorders videos choices
Day 15: IMPROVING BODY IMAGE
- The importance of positive body image
- Analyzing media's false messages
- Improving body image videos
- "Body Image Brochure"
- "Real Models Without Their Make-Up Presentation!"
- "Love What's Good, Change What You Could" Activity
- Cube art project
Day 16 + 17: ANALYZING FAD DIETS, NUTRITION GAME REVIEW
- In this amazing “Is This Diet Healthy?” activity students will learn 10 questions to ask to see if a diet is healthy or not. For the rest of their lives your students will have the skills to determine if a diet is healthy! They will be able to analyze the “Best” diets on this list and see how they measure up to this worksheet based on the Mayo Clinic and Harvard Nutrition standards!
- "Is This Diet Healthy?" Lesson with PowerPoint and student share out
- Top Healthiest Diets Website
- Why many Diets DON’T work
- Why a diet needs to be a "diet for life"
- Unhealthy habits and how to successfully lose or gain weight.
DAY 18: PERSONAL HEALTH HABITS
- "Where is Your Health?" personal food habits survey with 60 questions!
- Acronym art activity
- Personal Health Assessment
Day 19: NUTRITION UNIT ASSESSMENT GAME REVIEW
- Unit Assessment Review Handout
- Fun "Nutrition Unit Assessment Board Game"
- Optional: I couldn't resist! I also included a fun "Nutrition Card Game" to help review for the test as well!
Day 20: NUTRITION TEST
- Nutrition Unit Assessment
- Optional videos
OPTIONAL DAY: G.M.O.S-GENETICALLY MODIFIED ORGANISMS
- G.M.O.s group research
- G.M.O. videos
- Quiz and correct
- Group debates!
3. Sex Ed. Unit (20 lessons)
-194 Pages of Step-by-Step Teacher Directions
-3 PowerPoint Presentations With 404 Slides to Walk you Through Each Lesson
• Sex Ed.-Day 1
-Optional 4-Day “Friendship and Dating”; and 3-Day “Puberty and Hygiene” Lessons
-“Sexuality Opt-Out” Info for Parents
-Introduction to Sex Ed.
-The Effectiveness of the Reproductive Systems
-"In The Womb” Video
• Sex Ed.-Day 2
-Female Anatomy and System Issues
-“Love Language Survey”
• Sex Ed.-Day 3
-Male Anatomy and System Issues
-Sexual Pressures Lines and Articles
-“Sexual Pressures Flip Charts Project”
-HPV Vaccine information for boys/girls
• Sex Ed.-Day 4
-“Girl Talk/Boy Talk Day” (Boys and Girls Separate for 1 Day)
-Girls Go Over Breast Cancer and Issues
-Boys go over Testicular Cancer
-Work on “Sexual Pressures Flip Charts Project”
• Sex Ed.-Day 5 and 6
-Understanding Sexually Transmitted Infections
-S.T.I. Slideshow -★NEWLY UPDATED SHOW!
-Fun “Communicable Diseases Card Game”
• Sex Ed.-Day 7
-“H.I.V. / A.I.D.S. Quiz” -★NEWLY UPDATED STATS!
• Sex Ed.-Day 8
-More on H.I.V.
-AIDS / Abstinence Video
-Good Reasons for Abstinence
-Setting Sexual Limits
-“Interactive Emotions That Can Come with Teen Sex Suitcase”
• Sex Ed.-Day 9
-How Self-Esteem Affects Relationships -“What is Love?”
-“What is Romance?” Activity and Art
• Sex Ed.-Day 10
-Birth Control Choices ★NEWLY UPDATED STATS and WORKSHEET!
-Birth Control Video Clips and/or PowerPoint Slides
-“Birth Control Worksheet”
• Sex Ed.-Day 11 – 13
-Sexual Assault Information
-Traits of a Healthy Relationship
-See IT | SAY IT | SHARE IT Quilt Project
-Date Rape video
• Sex Ed.-Day 14
-Traits of Unhealthy Relationships
-Dating and Domestic Violence
-“Healthy -vs- Unhealthy Relationships Activity”
-“Sex Ed. Unit Assessment Review”
• Sex Ed.-Day 15
-“Sex Ed. Unit Assessment”
-“Sex Ed. Parent-Teen Homework”
• Optional-Sex Ed. Day 16 + 17
Wrap up “Healthy Versus Unhealthy Activity”
-Social Media Safety
-Fun “Sexuality Board Game”
• Optional Sex Ed. Day 18 + 19
-“The Consequences of Teen Pregnancy”
Optional Sex Ed-Day 20
4. Stress, Depression, and Suicide Unit (7 to 10 lessons)
-108 Pages of Step-by-Step Teacher Directions
-118 PowerPoint Presentation Slides to Walk you Through Each Lesson
• Stress-Day 1
-“Stress Vulnerability Survey”
-The Importance of Teen Sleep
• Stress Day 2
-Depression “Black Dog Art Project”
-How to Relieve Stress
-“Above the Stress” Project
• Stress-Day 3
-Depression - vs - Clinical Depression
• Stress-Day 4
-More on Depression
-“Depression Around the Room” Activity
• Stress-Day 5
-Suicide Risk Factors
-Dangers of Cutting/Self-Mutilating
-“Emotions Left After Suicide” Activity
• Stress Day 6
-“Show You Care” Activity if a Friend is Thinking about Suicide
-Stress Assessment Review
• Stress Day 7
-Stress Unit Assessment
-“Stress, Depression, Suicide Parent-Teen Homework”
-“Teen Sleep Homework”
• Optional Additional Stress Lessons: Stress Busting Bonus Material (3 Lessons)
-“Stress Animal Stories”
-“Stress Relieving Stations Around the Room”
-“Stress Coloring” and More...
5. Tobacco Unit (9 lessons)
-88 Pages of Step-by-Step Teacher Directions
-2 PowerPoint Presentations With 161 Slides to Walk you Through Each Lesson
• Tobacco-Day 1
-The Dangers of Tobacco
• Tobacco-Day 2
-Cigar and Pipe Dangers
-★NEW! Updated Vaping Info
• Tobacco-Day 3
• Tobacco-Day 4
-Money spent on Cigarettes
-Work on “Quit Brochures”
• Tobacco-Day 5
-Finish “Quit Brochures
-Optional Tobacco Unit Quiz
• Optional Tobacco Day 6
-The Brain and Habits
-“Cleansing a Bad Habit”
-“Adding a Healthy Habit” Worksheets
-“Support Your Peers Calendar”
• Optional Tobacco Day 7
-Brain and Habits Second Day
• Optional Tobacco Day 8 and 9
-Fun “Tobacco Packs Media Literacy Art Project”
6. Alcohol Unit (7 lessons)
-101 Pages of Step-by-Step Teacher Directions
-181 PowerPoint Presentation Slides to Walk you Through Each Lesson
• Alcohol-Day 1
-Introduction to Alcohol Unit
-“How Alcohol Affects the Body Wheels Project”
-Optional “Interactive Alcohol Poisoning” Activity
• Alcohol-Day 2
-20 Questions to Determine if a Person is an Alcoholic
-Understanding Alcoholism Video
• Alcohol-Day 3
-Alcohol State Laws Activity
• Alcohol-Day 4
-Dysfunctional Families and Co-dependent Behaviors Information
-“Dysfunctional Family Survey”
-Dysfunctional Family Video
-“Dysfunctional Family Art Project”
• Alcohol Day 5
-Aces Lesson-“Overcoming Adverse Childhood Experiences”
-“Protective Factors Activity”
• Alcohol-Day 6
-“Pros and Cons Decision-Making Model Worksheet”
-“Alcohol Role-Play Activity” (Peer Pressure Lines and Refusal Skills)
• Alcohol-Day 7
-Wrap Up Alcohol Unit
-Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
-“WWWWH Decisions Alcohol Homework”
-Fun "Alcohol Board Game!"
-Alcohol Unit Assessment
7. Drug Unit (14 lessons)
-159 Pages of Step-by-Step Teacher Directions
-5 PowerPoint Presentations With 370 Slides to Walk you Through Each Lesson
• Drugs-Day 1
-“Risk Factors For Addiction” Quiz
-Intervention Video with Video Review Sheet
• Drugs-Day 2
-Intervention Day 2
• Drugs-Day 3
-“Faces of Meth”
• Drugs-Day 4
-Date rape Drugs
-Ecstasy and Depressants Video
-“Drink Safety Tips” Activity
• Drugs-Day 5
• Drugs-Day 6
-“The Truth About Marijuana” Reflection
-PAIR/SHARE and Discussion
-“The Truth About Marijuana” Mural
• Drugs-Day 7
-“True-False Pot Quiz”
-“Why Teens Use Drugs Body Part Homework”
-Fun “How Pot Hurt Me Card Game” -★NEW!★ All new fun graphics!
-★NEW!★ New information on currently trending drugs
• Drugs-Day 8
-“Pharm Party Activity”
• Drugs-Day 9
-Narcotics day 2
-WWWWH Decision Making
• Optional Day Drugs-Day 10
-Synthetic Drugs and More on Heroin
-Synthetic Drug Dangers Art
• Optional Day Drugs-Day 11
-Conclusion and Wrap Up Unit
-“Substance Parent-Teen Communicator”
-Substance Assessment Review”
• Optional Day Drugs-Day 12
-Substance Assessment (Tobacco, Alcohol, Drugs)
• Optional Day Drugs Day 13
• Optional Day Drugs Day 14
8. Conflict Resolution Unit (5 lessons)
-54 Pages of Step-by-Step Teacher Directions
-99 PowerPoint Presentation Slides to Walk you Through Each Lesson
• Conflict Resolution-Day 1
-“So QUIC” Conflict Resolution Model to Resolve Conflicts
- Video Example
-“‘I’ Statements Activity”
• Conflict Resolution-Day 2
-“Questioning Skills Activity”
• Conflict Resolution-Day 3
- “Awareness Test” Video
-Practicing “SO QUIC” Conflict Resolution Model”
-“Wallet Cards” Project
• Optional Conflict Resolution Day 4 + 5
-Fun “Fortune Cookie” Project!
-Optional Conflict Resolution Unit Assessment
9. Diseases Unit (3 to 9 lessons)
-54 Pages of Step-by-Step Teacher Directions
-37 PowerPoint Presentation Slides to Walk you Through Each Lesson
• Diseases-Day 1
-Understanding Communicable Diseases
-Pathogens: How they’re spread, and how the immune systems fights them
-“Interactive Communicable Diseases Activity” with “Disease and Prevention Chart”
-“Communicable Diseases Card Game” with “Communicable Diseases Worksheet”
-NEW! New graphics on cards and covers!
-NEW! , as well as the COVID-19 data on the "Communicable Diseases Card Game"
• Diseases-Day 2
-Understanding Non-Communicable Diseases
-World Non-communicable Diseases Statistics
-Top Four Non-communicable Diseases in the U.S.
-“Non-Communicable Diseases Interactive Heart” using “Ways to Prevent N.C.D. Handout”
- Online “Personal Risk Assessment Tool”
-Educational and Fun “Non-Communicable Diseases King’s Corner” Card Game -★NEW! New graphics on cards and covers!
-“Non-Communicable Diseases Worksheet”
• Optional Activities Day 3 to 9 (6 lessons):
-“CANCER Flip Open Posters”
-Diseases Research Project
“Community Health Public Service Posters”
-Health Screening Information Sheet
- “Health Career Research Project”
-Kahoot Quizzes Online
10. Empathy/Bullying/Violence Unit (18 Lessons)
-186 Pages of Step-by-Step Teacher Directions
-3 PowerPoint Presentations With 386 Slides to Walk you Through Each Lesson
• Empathy-Day 1
-Definition of Empathy
• Empathy-Day 2
-“Venn Diagrams” Activity
-Labels and Stereotypes Discussion
-“Surviving High School” Video
• Empathy-Day 3
-“The Gingham Dress”
-“Overcoming Hardships” Worksheet
-"Surviving High School"
• Empathy-Day 4
-“Our Words Have Power Activity”
-Surviving H.S. Video Finished
-“If you Really Knew Me Activity”
• Empathy-Day 5
-“Empathy in “Perspectacles”
-“Life Stories Poster Project”
-“What Would It Be Like” Worksheet
-“One Person Can Make a Difference”
• Empathy-Day 6
-“Life Story Posters Project”
• Empathy-Day 7
-“Positive Self-Talk Activity”
-Work on “Life Story Posters”
• Empathy-Day 8
-Impacting “Overcoming Hardships Inspiring Articles” Activity
• Empathy-Day 9
-Reading True Stories
• Empathy-Day 10
-More on Prejudisms
-Share “Life Story Posters” in Small Groups Activity
• Violence-Day 11
-Intro to Violence
-Definition of Violence
-True Story Articles
-“Risk and Protective Factors Survey”
• Violence-Day 12
-Setting an Anger Goal
• Violence-Day 13
-20 Risk Factors for Violence
-Don’t Hang out with Violent People
-What’s the Big Deal About Fights?
• Violence Day 14
-Assertive, NOT Aggressive
-Life in Prison video
-“Blind, Paralyzed, or in Prison for Life”
• Violence Day 15
-“STOP BULLYING: Making Your Voice Count” Activity
• Optional Day Violence/Forgiveness Day 16
• Optional Day Violence-Day 17
-Wrap Up Video
-“Empathy Assessment” (Written or Outloud)
• Optional Day Violence-Day 18
11. Dangerous Decisions Unit (1 to 4 lessons)
-87 Pages of Step-by-Step Teacher Directions
-35 PowerPoint Presentation Slides to Walk you Through Each Lesson
-Students LOVE (and learn from) these true story articles on each of these topics:
-Articles on Google Docs to save paper
-Dangerous Selfies (death caused by selfies taken in dangerous/daredevil circumstances)
- High Speed Driving
- The Choking Game
- Taking Bets and Dares
- Drinking Games
- Goofing Around on Cars and Trucks
- Cutting/Self-Mutilating and Suicide
- The Dangers of the Sun and Tanning Booths
- Giving out Personal Information on the Internet
- Shaken Baby Syndrome
- Carrying a Loaded Gun
- Teen Runaways and Homelessness
- Unhygienic Body Tattoos and Piercings
- Water Safety (Boating and Jet Ski Accidents)
- Using Drugs
12. Mental Health Unit (4 lessons)
-47 Pages of Step-by-Step Teacher Directions
-2 PowerPoint Presentations With 77 Slides to Walk you Through Each Lesson
• Mental Health Day 1
-Problem-Solving and Mental Health
-“Problem-Solving Scenario Task Cards
-“Problem-Solving Flip Books Project”
• Mental Health Day 2
-Mental Illness Described
-Organic Versus Functional Mental Illnesses
-The Effects of Neurotransmitters
-Optional “What About Bob” Video
• Mental Health Day 3
-Functional Mental Illnesses
- Panic Attacks
- “Reality Matters” Video
-“What About Bob” Video with “Video Review Sheet”
• Mental Health Day 4
-Finish “What About Bob” Video with “Video Review Sheet”
-Resources for Help
-Optional “Mental Illness Kahoot Interactive Test”
13. Cultural Diversity Unit (7 to 19 lessons)
-64 Pages of Step-by-Step Teacher Directions
-84 PowerPoint Presentation Slides to Walk you Through Each Lesson
• Cultural Identity Day 1
-“I Am....” Exercise
- Beverly D. Tatum’s “The Complexity of Identity: “Who Am I?” and “8 Dimensions of Social Identity”
-Harvard Bias Test
• Cultural Identity Day 2
-Empathy -Labels, Stereotypes, Prejudisms, Discrimination Discussion
-True stories of prejudism, racial profiling, and racism-
-Bryan Stevenson’s Video: “From Slavery to Mass Incarceration”
-Optional: Bryan Stevenson’s “Ted Talk”
• Cultural Identity Day 3
-Ben & Jerry’s Ice-Cream Art Project!
• Optional-Cultural Diversity-Day 1
Understanding the History and Complexities of Racial Diversity
-“Race Definitions and Quotes Handout”
-“My Uniqueness Project”
• Optional Day Cultural Diversity-Day 2
-“My Uniqueness Project”
-Add an “Ad Slogan”
• Optional Day Cultural Diversity-Day 3
-“My Uniqueness Project”
• Optional- Day Cultural Diversity-Day 4
-Sharing “My Uniqueness Project”
14. Ending A School Year Unit (2 Lessons)
-60 Pages of Step-by-Step Teacher Directions
-118 PowerPoint Presentation Slides to Walk you Through Each Lesso
• Wrap Up-Day 1
-“Semester in Review” PowerPoint show with File Folder Reflections
-Final Health Assessment Review
-“What I Learned in Health Class Board Game”
• Wrap Up-Day 2
-Final Health Assessment
-Compliments Around the Room Activities
15. First Aid/CPR Unit (10- 15 lessons)
-77 Pages of Step-by-Step Teacher Directions
-33 PowerPoint Presentation Slides to Walk you Through Each Lesson
• First Aid Day 1
-First Aid Group Work in groups of 3
-Watch videos and Fill in Worksheets
• First Aid Day 2
-Finish First Aid Group Work
-Decide Which Injury to do for Reenactment Activity
-First Aid Animation Example
-Begin Reenactment Injury Response Planning
• First Aid Day 3
-Work on Injury Response reenactment Scenarios
• First Aid Day 4 and 5
-Perform Reenactment Scenarios
• First Aid Day 6:
-C.P.R. Video Explanation
-C.P.R. and How to use an AED
-Optional School Nurse, Paramedic, Fireman, other professional guest
• Optional Day 7, 8 and 9
-Wilderness First Aid
• Optional Day 10 - 15
1. Unit Assessments
2. Public Service Announcements
3. First Aid Cartoons
4. Creating a First Aid Kit from the American Red Cross
5. Babysitting and Life Guarding
16. Self-Esteem Unit (4-10 lessons)
-61 Pages of Step-by-Step Teacher Directions
-78 PowerPoint Presentation Slides to Walk you Through Each Lesson
• Self-Esteem–Day 1
-What is Positive Self-Esteem?
-“Self-Esteem iPad” Project or
• Self-Esteem–Day 2
“What Makes Me Me Worksheet”
-Continue “Self-Esteem iPad” or “Thumbprint”
-Inspiring video (Napoleon Dynamite Dance Scene!)
• Self-Esteem–Day 3
-“Career Interest Survey”
-“Rise Above the Dream Breakers Project”
• Self-Esteem-Day 4
-“Rise Above the Dream Breakers” Continued
• Self-Esteem–Day 5 to 10
-Optional Self-Esteem Building Activities:
-Create a “Building Self-Esteem Class Book.”
-“Thesaurus Traits Project”
-“Classroom Self-esteem Quilt”
17. Body Systems Unit (10 lessons)
-161 Pages of Step-by-Step Teacher Directions
-85 PowerPoint Presentation Slides to Walk you Through Each Lesson
• Body Systems Day 1
-Body Systems Intro
-“Can You Do This?” Fun Body Activities
-“Our Amazing Body” Slideshow
-Into teams and 8 “Quick Facts Sheets”
-Team competition “Choose a Team Name Art”
• Body Systems Day 2
-QR Coded Group Research
-Body Systems “Rap Video”
-“Virtual Body Website”
-Optional “Body Systems Overview Handout”
-Group research with “QR Coded Worksheet” for 8 Body Systems
-Optional: “50 Really Weird Facts About Your Body”
• Body Systems Day 3
-QR Coded Group Research
-Work on “QR Coded Worksheet“ for 8 Body Systems
• Body Systems Day 4
-How Disease Effects Body Systems
-United States Non-Communicable Diseases Mortality Rates
-“Non-Communicable Diseases Background Information Sheet”
-“Preventing Non-Communicable Diseases Handout”
-Fun Interactive folded “”Disease Risk Reduction/ Prevention Origami Heart”
• Body Systems Day 5
-Protecting our Body Systems
-“Preventing Non-Communicable Diseases Handout”
-“Common Aging Changes” Slideshow
-“Nutrition-Related Illness and Obesity
-“Personal Health Risk Assessment”
-Optional: “The Longevity Game”
-Optional: Kahoot Website
• Body Systems Day 6
-Choice: Non-Comm. Diseases Card Game or
-Create Your Own Board Game: Students Create Questions for Own Body System for a fun Board Game: Board and question templates included!
• Body Systems Day 7
-The Preventative Power of Exercise
-20 benefits of exercise
-The Brain and Exercise
-Exercise Video with Worksheet
• Body Systems Day 8, 9, 10
-Preparing and Giving Group Presentations
-Optional requirement: Group Rap, Song or Poem About Their Body Systems (examples given!)
-Groups Share Out to Class
-Grading Rubrics Included!
-Optional Unit Wrap Up: Preventative Medical Check Ups for Teens, Vaccinations, Reproductive Health Check Ups
-Body Systems Unit Assessment
18. Environmental and Community Health Unit (3 to 10 lessons)
-66 Pages of Step-by-Step Teacher Directions
-2 PowerPoint Presentations With 72 Slides to Walk you Through Each Lesson
• Environmental-Day 1
-Understanding the 10 Top Environmental Issues
-“10 Environmental Issues Worksheet” with Partner (reactions and solutions)
-10 issues Group Activity
- Short videos on each topic
• Environmental-Day 2
-Optional “What Can I Do Follow-Up Project”
-“'What Can I do?’ Posters” Around the Room Activity
• Optional Activities Day 3 to 10
-Environmental Protection Agency 8 Topics “All Hands Working Together Project”
-Finding Related Articles
-Finding True Stories of Environmental Harm
-Make a Brochure
-Write a “Workplace Hazard” Report
-Make a “Public Service Announcement” Poster or Video
• Optional Community Health Projects (10 lessons)
-“What is Community Health?”
-“Six Key Ingredients to a Healthy Community”
-Ideal City and Community Health Project
-“Public Service Announcement”
Stay up to date with New Resources & Sales!!
Sign-Up for Updates
Check out our TpT Store
Follow our Social Media: Instagram & Pinterest
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ We value your reviews! After making a purchase and using our products, head back to this page to leave a review on our product ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Thank you so much for previewing!!
Health Education Today
* Professional Development Approved: Ask your school to purchase this curriculum for you!!
* School Purchase Orders Accepted: Simply follow the prompt for P.O.’s in your cart.
Copyright © Health Education Today, Inc. All rights reserved by the author.
Each purchase is for single use only and should not be shared with others.
The purchaser is granted permission to make duplicates for classroom use only. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the Internet are all strictly prohibited unless it is a password-protected student website. Violations are subject to penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.