TeacherPayTeachers #1 Best-Selling High School Body Systems Unit!!
Click here for a preview of this product.
Click here for a video preview of this product.
Get interactive with this 3-Week "Human Body Systems Unit!" It includes step-by-step teacher directions, , slideshows, videos, a card game, a board game template for students to use to create their own game, unit assessment, and a "Body Systems Rap/Song/Poem" competition!
>> Integrated Skills Based, Content Based / Knowledge Based. The best of both worlds.
>> Meets all HS National Health Education Standards.
>> Meets all HS Technical Subjects Health Common Core Standards.
>> Meets all Washington State’s rigorous Health Education Standards.
- Engaging "84 QR Code Group Worksheets" that also include links to QR websites!
- NEW! Google Slides "Body Systems WebQuest"
New! The "Big 5 Body System African Safari"- A student-advocacy activity! (See Preview for a glimpse!)
- These fun interactive group project activities are a student favorite!
- For Print” curriculum is created in Word and PowerPoint, is a digital resource !
- Includes "Coronavirus" lesson
- Includes a I created to show you not only (Click here for an example!)
- In just two weeks, this group project meets 1, , and !
This resource is taken from our #1 Best-Selling High School Health Curriculum on Teacher Pay Teachers!
- Fill-in "Student Worksheets" on Google Slides
- Editable Word "Teacher Directions"
- Editable PowerPoint that can easily be downloaded
- Google Forms for various worksheets
- Includes ! Students can click video links or read the QR codes online! : "Human Body Systems Unit Assessment," "Body Systems Research Worksheet," "Non-Communicable Diseases Card Game Worksheet"
! Simply my "Student Docs Google Slideshow" (which includes fill-in text boxes) to your computer (Yes- text boxes remain intact!) and upload and assign on your online Microsoft platform!
Note: The middle and high school units are not designed to be used to teach to the same students in both programs, as activities may overlap! If you need both middle and high school Health units to teach to the same students, see my "Sequential Middle and High School Health!"
- “So comprehensive! Thank you!”
- Extremely satisfied: My students loved working on this project. There was so much linked information. I loved that they got to research but that the websites were provided in an easy to access way..."
- “Very engaging…they loved it!
- “Helped me save time and not have to come up with this on my own! "
1. 147 Pages of step-by-step teacher directions
2. 87-Slide PowerPoint that walks you through each lesson
3. 8 body systems questions and website links in easy-to-print or use online format.
4. BONUS: Coronavirus Lesson! Students use included timeline to fill in an events calendar and add emojis (also included!)
6. A grading rubric for the class presentation
7. 84 QR-Coded links to research/informational websites
8. Editable Unit Test and Key: For print or in Google Forms!
-“Can You Do This?” fun body activities
-“Our Amazing Body” slideshow
-Into teams and 8 “Quick Facts Sheets”
-Team competition “Choose a Team Name Art”
-Body Systems “Rap Video”
-“Virtual Body Website”
-Optional “Body Systems Overview Handout”
-Group research with “QR Coded Worksheet” for 8 body systems
-Optional: “50 Really Weird Facts About Your Body”
-3 optional videos to choose from for an intro
-Work on “QR Coded Worksheet “for 8 body systems
-United States Non-Communicable Diseases Mortality Rates
-“Non-Communicable Diseases Background Information Sheet”
-Top 4 Causes of Death in U.S.
-7 signs of cancer
-“Family Medical History Homework”
-“Preventing Non-Comm Diseases Handout”
-Interactive folded “”Disease Risk Reduction/ Prevention Origami Heart”
-“Preventing Non-Communicable Diseases Handout”
-“Common Aging Changes” Slideshow
-“Nutrition-related illness and obesity
-“Personal Health Risk Assessment”
-Optional: “The Longevity Game”
-Optional: Kahoot Website
-Body Systems Research Project Homework
Day 6: ”
-Directions to play “Kings in the Corner” Card Game with worksheet
-Optional: 5 additional card game directions
-Directions for students to create the questions for their own body system board game –
Sorry-type board game and flip-up question template included!
-20 benefits of exercise
-The brain and exercise
-Exercise video with worksheet
Day 8, 9, 10:
-Groups use 9 PowerPoint templates to create a PowerPoint or printed paper presentation
-Optional requirement: Group rap, song or poem about their body systems (examples given!)
-Groups share Out to class
-Students fill in "Presentation Note Taking Worksheet" while listening and use this to study for unit test
-Grading Rubrics included!
-Optional unit wrap up: preventative medical check ups for teens, vaccinations, reproductive health check ups
Day 11 - 15:
★ NEW! Fun Body Systems WebQuest on Google Slides!
★ NEW! New! The "Big 5 Body System African Safari"- A student-advocacy activity! (See Preview for a glimpse!)
-Choice of 2 Tests:
-TEST 1: 30 question test with “Key” is included (for print or on Google Forms!)
-TEST 2: Taken from "Presentation Note Taking Worksheet"
THIS UNIT AND ALL ITS MATERIALS ARE INCLUDED IN MY FULL SEMESTER/YEAR PROGRAMS: "HIGH SCHOOL HEALTH" and "MIDDLE/JUNIOR HIGH SCHOL HEALTH CURRICULUM," AND SOME ACTIVITIES ARE ALSO INCLUDED IN MY "NUTRITION," AND "DISEASES" UNITS.
Stay up to date with New Resources & Sales!!
Sign-Up for Updates
Check out our TpT Store
Follow our Social Media: Instagram & Pinterest
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ We value your reviews! After making a purchase and using our products, head back to this page to leave a review on our product ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Thank you so much for previewing!!
Health Education Today
* Professional Development Approved: Ask your school to purchase this curriculum for you!!
* School Purchase Orders Accepted: Simply follow the prompt for P.O.’s in your cart.
Copyright © Health Education Today, Inc. All rights reserved by the author.
Each purchase is for single use only and should not be shared with others.
The purchaser is granted permission to make duplicates for classroom use only. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the Internet are all strictly prohibited unless it is a password-protected student website. Violations are subject to penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.