TeacherPayTeachers #1 Best-Selling High School Disease Unit!!
Click here for a preview of this product.
Did you know that 7 illness and diseases cause over 80% of global deaths?* Disease education is especially important in today’s world, where more than ever people want to make informed decisions about their health.
This 2-week "Diseases Unit" increases students' knowledge about communicable and non-communicable diseases, disease prevention, cancer, and more! It motivates students to improve and maintain their health, prevent diseases, and avoid unhealthy behaviors.
*Top 7 Global Diseases: Heart Disease, Stroke, COPD, Respiratory Infections, Neo-Natal Conditions, Cancers, and Alzheimer's. World Health Organization
This resource is taken from our #1 Best-Selling High School Health Curriculum on Teacher Pay Teachers!!
- There are 10
- Understand transmission, symptoms, prevention, and treatment of many diseases.
- Includes my two interactive "Communicable" and "Non-Communicable Diseases Card Games!"
- There are step-by-step teacher directions
- Includes a PowerPoint that walks you through the lessons WITIH ALL NEW SLIDE BACKGROUNDS!
- Editable Documents are included (All on Google Slides and downloadable with text boxes editable!)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Lesson UPDATED 11/22. Students interact with a timeline of events to help understand the spread and impact of the devastating (COVID-19) coronavirus impacting our world today.
- Includes Learning Targets: Explanation, printable posters for each lesson, and “Success Criteria Check-Off Sheet” for students to copy target at beginning of class, and answer questions at the end of class
- Fun generic worksheets for teens now included!
- Here is a video showing features of my Health units!
- ALL STUDENT DOCS for this “Diseases Unit” are uploaded onto .
- High School PowerPoints are on Google Drive
- Assign Health worksheets in your or paperless environment using these student worksheets, surveys, and tests created on Google Slides ! Includes .
! Simply my "Student Docs Google Slideshow" (which includes fill-in text boxes) to your computer (Yes- text boxes remain intact!) and !
- Includes a I created to show you not only s; but also how to use the Google Slideshows, how Microsoft users can use my Google Slideshows, how to send only one day's lessons to your students, how to add new information/pages to a Google Slideshow, how to edit and upload worksheets, how to voice-over slides, how to add an instructional video on top of slides, uploading to Google Drive tips, how to set up files for an organize Google Drive, and more! (Click here for an example!)
- If you upload this unit's PowerPoint and convert to Google Slides; then voice-over audio teacher instructions, you can send audio lessons home for a ★ ! ★ (Full instructions included!)
- - "I love this no prep purchase."
- - "This purchase was a TRUE life saver and it is very versatile."
- - "Comprehensive!"
- - "Saved me so much time and planning throughout distance learning!"
- - "Absolute lifesaver!"
>> Integrated Skills Based, Content Based / Knowledge Based. The best of both worlds.
>> Aligned to MS/HS National Health Education standards.
>> Aligned to MS/HS Common Core Standards.
>> Aligned to MS/HS Washington State’s rigorous Health Education standards.
>> Aligned to New York Depart. of Education Commencement HS Health Standards
Understanding Communicable Diseases
-Pathogens, How they’re Spread, and How the Immune System Fights Them
-Bacteria, Virus, Fungus, and Parasites
-FUN! “Interactive Communicable Diseases Activity“
-"Disease and Prevention Chart”
-FUN! “Communicable Diseases Card Game”
-“Communicable Diseases Worksheet”
: Coronavirus Lesson
This resource stays relevant as it's super easy to add events to the timeline and use!
: Show your students how quickly this virus has spread across the world, how people become infected, what the symptoms are; and most importantly, the ways they can protect themselves from getting this virus.
- "" Help students to process events that have unfolded since the outbreak began, and also enable them to empathize with the many people this virus has affected. Easily editable so you can keep on top of changing events.
- "" are included!
: Understanding Non-Communicable Diseases
-World Non-Communicable Diseases Stats
-Top 4 Non-Communicable Diseases in the U.S.
-FUN! “Non-Communicable Diseases Interactive Folding Heart”
-"Ways to Prevent NCD Handout”
-Online “Personal Risk Assessment Tool”
-FUN! “Non-Communicable Diseases King’s Corner” Card Game
-“Non-Communicable Diseases Worksheet”
: Cancer Flip-Open Posters
-Understanding Cancer -Types of Cancer
-7 Warning Signs
-Tanning Bed Dangers
Day 7-8: Choose From:
-“Community Health Public Service Announcement Posters”
-"Health Career Research Project"
Day 9-10: Diseases Unit Assessment
-"Diseases Unit Assessment and Key
-Choice of 5 other Different Quizzes
-Fun Kahoot Links
Stay up to date with New Resources & Sales!!
Sign-Up for Updates
Check out our TpT Store
Follow our Social Media: Instagram & Pinterest
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ We value your reviews! After making a purchase and using our products, head back to this page to leave a review on our product ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Thank you so much for previewing!!
Health Education Today
* Professional Development Approved: Ask your school to purchase this curriculum for you!!
* School Purchase Orders Accepted: Simply follow the prompt for P.O.’s in your cart.
Copyright © Health Education Today, Inc. All rights reserved by the author.
Each purchase is for single use only and should not be shared with others.
The purchaser is granted permission to make duplicates for classroom use only. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the Internet are all strictly prohibited unless it is a password-protected student website. Violations are subject to penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.