★★★★★ These 21 online Health lessons make teaching nutrition easy for any 6th-12th grade teacher! This INDEPENDENT STUDY program with STEP-BY-STEP STUDENT directions was designed as a completely “Do at Home” program. You can PRINT AS NOTEBOOKS FOR AT HOME OR IN CLASS, or send students the FULL STUDENT DIRECTIONS AND FILL-IN WORKSHEETS ON !
★ This resource is the #1 Best-Selling “Independent Study Nutrition” program on the TeachersPayTeachers website! I am so excited to now be able to sell this same resource here on my own website, but if you prefer to see reviews and/or purchase it on TPT click HERE.
See a Fun 2-Minute Video of this Resource!
–This curriculum is perfect for:
-Summer schools (Teacher instruction and additional activities included)
-Students with an extended absence
-Health Credit Retrieval
-Great sub plans!!
-Home Learning During School Closures
★NOW WITH THE !★
-The program is included in both Word and PDF for easy editing and for printing notebooks
★★: This Independent Study Nutrition Unit is for teachers who want students to work independently from home. It includes online step-step that students can read and follow themselves and Google Slide worksheets they do at home. Includes minimal teaching points, and teacher keys.
If you want a Nutrition Unit with step-by-step that follow that you can teach or on a Zoom-type lesson, you will want my 4-Week Nutrition Unit, along with the Supplemental Google Docs Add-on so can first teach the lesson, and then students can do worksheets, surveys and tests online! The 4-Week version includes 260 pages of teacher directions, 6 PowerPoint slideshows, teacher keys, and student worksheets, for print; and online Google student docs if you purchase the add-on.
• Here is what previous buyers said about this resource posted in my TeachersPayTeachers Store:
-This is one of the best items I have purchased on TPT worth every penny and then some. I have a book I can use, but the students fall asleep when I try to use it, this has been a totally new experience the kids are actually participating with this packet.”
-“This was fantastic while we are quarantined. I use all of her curriculum for health…Everything is fantastic, the students are engaged and love it! I love it! Well worth every penny!”
-“Kept them engaged.” “Excellent very detailed unit. Cool activities.”
-“Great resource for my homebound student. Very little work on my part!”
-“Used this with my homeschooler and it was very thorough and thoughtfully planned”
-“An incredibly comprehensive and valuable resource.”
• Learn more about this Independent Study Program:
-You have never seen a program like this one! No more having students do vocabulary words out of an old Health book to get a Health credit!
-Get kids engaged and grab their interest with interactive surveys, worksheets, art projects, introspective reflections, writing assignments, and more.
-It’s super organized and easy to administer this independent program!
-Teach all online, or print notebooks for students. You can mix and match these 4 documents anyway you need:
1) Student Directions on Google Docs (all on 1 Google doc)
2) Student Fill-In Pages on Google Slides (All worksheets on 1 Google Slides Doc)
3) Student Directions to Print (not written on, can be re-used)
4) Student Fill-In Pages to Print (disposable worksheets, surveys)
–A check off assignment sheet and contract to determine time requirements and sign are included.
-This Common Core aligned Nutrition Unit will help you present an engaging, medically-based, revealing, and interesting nutrition unit with ease.
–There is no “canned” curriculum here…This Nutrition unit was created for teachers, by a teacher, with relevant material that meets the needs of teens today.
–It’s completely independent learning for your students-no textbook is needed, no videos are needed! Students need no Internet or computer with the printed version, and no paper is needed with the Google Docs. version! Program can be done in class, or completely at home.
• Here are some features of this program:
1. Aligned with State, National, and Common Core Standards. Standards are listed for easy reference in the “Table of Contents” and in each lesson.
2. The program is EASY to use! It’s truly “independent learning” and the teacher needs to do very little to administer this program. The point of the whole program is that students work independently-at home or in a classroom.
3. It is medically and scientifically accurate.
4. It’s very organized! Simply use online, or print re-usable packets and “Student Fill-In” packets, sign a contract with your students and go!
5. There is also a teacher packet with full program directions, suggested pacing, unit test, and assignment and test keys.
6. Free Future Updates: All new lessons, activities, and any changes that I create for this resource are FREE!
• The program includes:
-“Contract” to sign
-Full “Teacher Packet” with all lessons, worksheets, test and keys
-Re-usable “Student Directions Packet” with all lessons, worksheets, and projects explained
-“Student Fill-In Packet” with all worksheets and assignments
-“Table of Contents Check-Off Sheet” to keep students on track
• Here are the 21 Lesson Topics:
1. “How Healthy Are You Eating?” Survey
2. Drinking Water Assignment
3. Nutrient/Formulas Worksheet
4. Cutting Calories Worksheet
5. Fast Food Restaurant Poster
6. Food Label Reading Worksheet – ALL NEW U.S.D.A. FOOD LABELS!
7. Food Label Scavenger Hunt Activity – ALL NEW U.S.D.A. FOOD LABELS!
8. Food Pyramid Worksheet/Reflection (Mayo Clinic Version or MyPlate Version)
9. Optional Eating Disorders Survey
10. Exercise Worksheet
11. FITT Principle Worksheet
12. Family Medical History Parent-Teen Communicator Homework
13. “Emotions and Eating Survey” and Reflections
14. Grocery Store Scavenger Hunt
15. “Is This Diet Healthy?” Worksheet
16. Calcium Survey
17. Calcium Worksheet
18. Healthy Eating for Life Survey and Goals
19. Energy Drinks Worksheet
20. Love What’s Good Worksheet
21. Nutrition Review and Test
• Bonus: Summer School Version Included
-I included simple “Teacher’s Directions” for lessons in case anyone is in a teaching situation where they have some time to introduce these lessons before students begin to work independently! Great for self-contained classrooms or summer school programs!
• Bonus #2: Links amazing Nutrition videos!
• Previous Buyer Note: These independent study lessons are sold separately from any of my other curriculums. While lessons in this independent study program are taken from my #1 Best-Selling Nutrition Unit, my #1 Best-Selling full High School Health and Middle School (or Level 1, 2, or 3 Middle Health) curriculums, the lessons are in a completely different format. Rather than including step-by-step teacher directions and PowerPoints, this program includes online or printable step-by-step STUDENT directions and online or printable Fill-in Student Pages.
• Be sure to click on the preview to see more.
-Copyright © Health Education Today, Inc. All rights reserved by author.
-Each purchase is for single teacher use only, and should not be shared with others.
-The purchaser is granted permission to make duplicates for classroom use only. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the Internet are all strictly prohibited unless it is a password-protected student website. Violations are subject to penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
Thank you so much for previewing!
Health Education Today, Inc.
Master of Education
National Board Certified Health Teacher
Cover Photo By: Pixabay