- Here is more about this unit:
-QUICK FACT: The 201 pages of step-by-step teacher directions explain just what to say and how to present this often awkward topic for teens.
–QUICK FACT: FULL STEP-BY-STEP TEACHER DIRECTIONS tell you what to say and follow PowerPoint slides that walk you through each lesson as you teach to your classes!
–QUICK FACT: The 360-Slide Sex Ed. PowerPoint is a visually creative slideshow that will walk you through each lesson. Diagrams, charts, quizzes are included.
–QUICK FACT: This curriculum will cut through the myths and misinformation that teens have today on sex and you’ll find your students interested, cautioned, and maybe even shocked by the truths you will present.
-NEW!★ I just finished an amazing update. There are now all-new photos on the Sex Ed. PowerPoint and several worksheets; AND, besides the High School Sex Ed. lessons, I added the complete Sex Ed. Units from each of the 3 Middle/Jr. High School grade levels! (See specifics activities listed below.)
–ALL FUTURE UPDATES FOR LIFE ARE INCLUDED!! All new lessons, activities, and any changes that I create for this unit are FREE!
–★NEWLY ADDED!!!! Now besides the 20 lessons included in this best-selling “Original Sex Ed. Unit,” this resource also includes the 29-lesson “Sex Ed. Unit” from my Middle/Jr. High School Health program.
–Now you have 4 programs to choose from to use for your Sex Ed. Unit! 3 Middle School sequential Sex Ed. programs, and/or 1 High School Sex Ed. program.
The 3 grade levels of Middle School Sex Ed. lessons are sequential within the middle level and do not repeat activities, but be aware there is overlap between the middle and high school level lessons!
- Here is what buyers are saying:
– “My students have been engaged throughout the unit.”
– “Relevant to current times and age appropriate.”
– “Saved me a lot of work and a lot of time and stress. This was worth every penny.”
– “Makes a hard topic easy to teach.”
– “A++++++! WOW! Wonderful!”
-Click on the “Download Preview” above to see more-
- Here is what sets this curriculum apart from others:
• Will this program be easy to teach? Yes! It’s not just a unit outline. 214 pages of highly organized step-by-step teacher directions follow a 360-Slide PowerPoint, and the directions tell you exactly to say and do!! There are also 2 additional PowerPoints!! (See more below.)
• Will the program meet standards? Yes, this unit meets 35 of 46 National Health Standards, 6 my State Health Standards, and 12 of 20 Common Core Standards for Technical Subjects. It’s very likely to meet YOUR state’s Health Education standards as well!
• Is this program researched-based? Yes, in this curriculum you will find health goals and behavioral outcomes that are research-based and theory-driven.
• Should I buy this program or one created by a curriculum company? Why buy lessons designed by people who’ve possibly never taught in a classroom when you can get lessons from a teacher with a National Board Certification in Health and 19 years of experience teaching 9th grade Health? This curriculum is fun, interactive, and has engaging lessons, and it’s amazingly more affordable than ones created by publishing companies!
• Will the lessons be effective for my students? Yes! It’s been “teacher and kid tested.” I’ve taught the Sex Ed. Unit and revised it, taught it again, perfected it, and improved it.
• What if I need to change a lesson? No problem! Documents and PowerPoints are editable and docs are included in both Word and PDF formats.
• Will my students like this program? Students love this program. They are interested, curious, surprised, and they love having myths de-bunked!
• What sets this curriculum apart from others is that:
-I-T’-S -N-O-T -J-U-S-T- -A- -U-N-I-T- -O-U-T-L-I-N-E-
Highly organized, step-by-step teacher directions follow daily PowerPoints and tell you exactly to say!!
- Here are some of the activities in the “High School Version“:
This 4-week unit includes:
– 4 separate PowerPoints for a total of 443 PowerPoint slides (Sex Ed. PowerPoint, “Girl Issues” “Sexually Transmitted Infections,” and “Learning Target PowerPoints)
– 201 pages of step-by-step teacher directions that walk you through each lesson (See an example in the “Download Preview” above.)
– A 16-page packet that students fill out as you go over the PowerPoint, with the packet key
– 58 student documents (Worksheets, handouts, homework, test and more)
– 49 links to FREE videos (Save tons of hours previewing to find good videos!)
– Learning Target Poster for each lesson, as well as “Success Criteria Sheets” that students fill out at the beginning and end of each class
-Table of Content Links ALL daily lessons for quick navigation!
Day 1: INTRODUCTION and REPRODUCTION
★The theme of this unit is “SEX IS A BIG DEAL!”
-Introduction to Sex Ed. – Setting the tone in your classroom for maturity and respect
-Consequences of teen sex and the value of a teen choosing abstinence
-The effectiveness of the reproductive systems
-Female anatomy and issues
-Tips for handling sexual pressures
-Top sexual pressure lines assertive come backs!
-“Sexual Pressures Flip Charts Project”
Day 4: OPTIONAL BOYS AND GIRLS SEPARATE DAY
-Breast cancer and issues with girls
-Boys go over testicular cancer
Day 5 and 6: SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED INFECTIONS
-Understanding sexually transmitted infections
-“Sexually Transmitted Infections Slide Show” with “Step-by-step Teaching Script”
-“Communicable Diseases Card Game”
-“H.I.V. / A.I.D.S. PowerPoint Quiz” and correct it
-HIV/AIDS information (2020 Update!)
-Current HIV/AIDS research and statistics
Day 8: ABSTINENCE AND SETTING SEXUAL LIMITS
-Setting sexual limits and choosing abstinence
-The “Emotional Consequences of Sex”
-Interactive “Emotions That Can Come with Teen Sex” suitcase
Day 9: WHAT IS LOVE AND ROMANCE?
-How self-esteem affects relationships
-“’What is Romance?’ Art Project”
Day 10: BIRTH CONTROL OPTIONS
-Birth control methods and 2020 statistics
-Birth control video clips and/or PowerPoint slides
-“Birth Control Worksheet”
Day 11: SEXUAL ASSAULT PART 1
-Sexual assault information (it’s never the victim’s fault)
-“Dear Abby” true story about a teen who was sexually harassed at work
-The “SEE IT, SAY IT, SHARE IT” sexual abuse model
-“No More Public Service Announcement” videos
Day 12 + 13: SEXUAL ASSAULT PART 2
-Recent sexual allegations news story and the women who are coming forward
-Applying the “SEE IT, SAY IT, SHARE IT” sexual abuse model to this news story
-Reese Witherspoon, America Ferrera, and Jennifer Lawrence speak out!
-#METOO and how the movement started
-Tips for preventing sexual assault
-What to do after a sexual assault
-How to have a healthy relationship
-“See It-Say It-Share It” quilt project (templates provided)
-Suggestions for topics are included
-Sexual assault/rape (Date rape video)
-“Work on “See It-Say It-Share It” quilt project
Day 14: HEALTHY VERSUS UNHEALTHY RELATIONSHIPS
-Traits of unhealthy relationships: Sexual Abuse, Assault, Harassment, Rape, Predators, and Domestic Violence
-Dating and Domestic Violence
-Domestic Violence Fact Sheet and 5 Celebrity Public Service T.V. Ad Links
-“Healthy –vs- Unhealthy Relationships Activity”
-ipad screensaver self-esteem activity
Day 15 + Optional 16, 17: MORE ON RELATIONSHIP SAFETY and UNIT ASSESSMENT
-Wrap up “Healthy Versus Unhealthy Activity”
– Internet, party, and dating safety
-“Sexuality ‘Sorry’ game for test review”
-“Parent-Teen Communicator Homework” on sexuality topics
-“Role-Play Task Cards” writing assignment
Day 18 + 19: THE CONSEQUENCES OF TEEN PREGNANCY
-“The Consequences of Teen Pregnancy” statistics
-“Household Simulation Activity”
-Guest Speaker: Doctor, Nurse, Reproductive Clinic Guest Speaker, Domestic Violence Counselor, Agency programs, staff member willing to share personal experiences or someone who has been a victim of assault or abuse.
★NEWLY ADDED: Middle/Jr. High Sex Ed. Unit:
-These 3 programs are sequential, so use one program or use all 3!
Here are SOME of the NEW lessons included in the Middle/Jr. Program:
1. Sexuality opt-out info
3. “Puberty is Normal Matching Game”
4. Dealing with body image
5. “Swan Story”and worksheet
7. “Puberty Parent-Student Communicator Homework”
8. “Guide to Maintaining Friendships”
9. Tips “4” for a Better Friendship”
10. Dating, boundaries and unhealthy risks
11.. Pregnancy and STI/HIV, and birth control
12. Traits of healthy versus an unhealthy relationships
13. “Reproductive System and Anatomy
15. Consequences of sex – STI/HIV and pregnancy
16. Dating and dealing with emotions!
17. “Emotional Baggage” activity
★ Everything is EDITABLE in WORD and PDF!!! Every school district and community is different, so with this unit in particular, it’s important to know that I have made it super easy for you to take out, or add any information to this program since all documents and PowerPoints are editable.
-Documents are editable and included in Word and PDF formats.
-Ask your school district to purchase this curriculum for you!
-Copyright © Health Education Today, Inc. All rights reserved by author.
-Each purchase is for one single teacher’s use only, and should not be shared with others.
-The purchaser is granted permission to make duplicates for classroom use only. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the Internet are all strictly prohibited unless it is a password-protected student website. Violations are subject to penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
Health Education Today, Inc.
Master of Education
National Board Certified Health Teacher
*The reviews from buyers quoted above were given for this same resource on my TeachersPayTeachers website.