TeacherPayTeachers #1 Best-Selling High School Sex Education Unit!!
Click here for a preview of this product.
Click here for a video preview of this product.
>> Integrated Skills Based, Content Based / Knowledge Based. The best of both worlds.
>> Meets all HS National Health Education Standards.
>> Meets all HS Technical Subjects Health Common Core Standards.
>> Meets all Washington State’s rigorous Health Education Standards.
This impactful 3 to 4-Week High School Sex Education Unit contains powerful lessons with information on healthy relationships, how to prevent dating violence and sexual abuse, ways to avoid unintended pregnancies and sexually transmitted infections, and how to develop social/emotional learning, and increased media literacy.
This curriculum will cut through the myths and misinformation that teens have today on sex and you'll find your students interested, cautioned, and maybe even shocked by the truths you will present.
★ This resource is taken from our #1 Best-Selling High School Health Curriculum on Teacher Pay Teachers!!
- Make teaching sex education easy! My 9th graders always tell me this is
- This standards-based and Common Core aligned unit was created by a 19-year National Board Health teacher! It will help you present with ease an engaging, , revealing, and interesting sexuality unit.
- The fact that this Sex Ed. program is could be ! It's included in Word, PDF, and PowerPoint! EDIT THIS UNIT TO MEET YOUR STATE AND SCHOOL DISTRICT SEXUAL HEALTH REQUIREMENTS!
- This resource includes many lessons that promote social and emotional learning (SEL).
- FULL STEP-BY-STEP TEACHER DIRECTIONS tell you what to say and follow PowerPoint slides that walk you through each lesson as you teach to your classes!
- The Sex Ed. PowerPoint is a visually creative slideshow that will walk you through each lesson. Diagrams, charts, quizzes are included.
★ Here is a video showing features of my Health units!
- This is an editable “For Print” curriculum created in Word and PowerPoint, a digital resource !
- ALL STUDENT DOCS for this “Sex Education Unit” are uploaded onto . PowerPoints are also on Google Slides!
- Assign Health worksheets in your or paperless environment using these 113 l student worksheets, surveys, and tests created on Google Slides ! Includes .
- Also compatible with Microsoft platforms! Simply download my "Student Docs Google Slideshow" (which includes fill-in text boxes) to your computer (Yes- text boxes remain intact!) and upload and assign on your online Microsoft platform!
- Includes a I created to show you not only s; but also how to use the Google Slideshows, how Microsoft users can use my Google Slideshows, how to send only one day's lessons to your students, how to add new information/pages to a Google Slideshow, how to edit and upload worksheets, how to voice-over slides, how to add an instructional video on top of slides, uploading to Google Drive tips, how to set up files for an organize Google Drive, and more! (Click here for an example!)
- "My students have been engaged throughout the unit."
- "Relevant to current times and age appropriate."
- "Saved me a lot of work and a lot of time and stress. This was worth every penny."
- "Makes a hard topic easy to teach."
- "A++++++! WOW! Wonderful!"
★Watch a video to see this program's amazing organization
Will this program be easy to teach? Yes! It’s not just a unit outline. 201 pages of highly organized step-by-step teacher directions follow a 360-Slide PowerPoint, and the directions tell you exactly to say and do!! There are also 2 additional PowerPoints!! (See more below.)
Will the program meet standards? , this unit meets 35 of 46 National Health Standards, 28 of my State Health Standards, and 12 of 20 Common Core Standards for Technical Subjects. It’s likely to meet YOUR state’s Health Education standards as well!
Is this program researched-based? Yes, in this curriculum you will find health goals and behavioral outcomes that are research-based and theory-driven.
Should I buy this program or one created by a curriculum company? Why buy lessons designed by people who've possibly never taught in a classroom when you can get lessons ? This curriculum is fun, interactive, and has engaging lessons, and it's amazingly more affordable than ones created by publishing companies!
Will the lessons be effective for my students? Yes! It's been "teacher and kid tested." I've taught the Sex Ed. Unit and revised it, taught it again, perfected it, and continually improved it.
What if I need to change a lesson? No problem! Documents and PowerPoints are editable and docs are included in both Word and PDF formats.
Will my students like this program? Students love this program. They are interested, curious, surprised, and they love having myths de-bunked!
4 separate PowerPoints for a total of 443 PowerPoint slides (Sex Ed. PowerPoint, "Girl Issues" "Sexually Transmitted Infections," and "Learning Target PowerPoints)
201 pages of step-by-step teacher directions that walk you through each lesson (See an example in the "Download Preview" above.)
A 16-page packet that students fill out as you go over the PowerPoint, with the packet key (★This packet is on Google Slides with fill-in text boxes!)
(Worksheets, handouts, homework, test and more) (★These are on Google Slides with fill-in text boxes!)
(Save tons of hours previewing to find good videos!
, as well as “Success Criteria Sheets” that students fill out at the beginning and end of each class
- Table of Content Links ALL daily lessons for quick navigation!
Day 1: INTRODUCTION and REPRODUCTION
-The theme of this unit is “SEX IS A BIG DEAL!”
-Sexuality Opt-Out” info
-Introduction to Sex Ed. – Setting the tone in your classroom for maturity and respect
-Consequences of teen sex and the value of a teen choosing abstinence
-The effectiveness of the reproductive systems
- Reproduction video
Day 2: FEMALE ANATOMY
-Puberty for a girl
-Female anatomy and issues
-”Love Language Survey”
Day 3: MALE ANATOMY
-Puberty for a boy
-Male anatomy and issues
-Tips for handling sexual pressures
-Top sexual pressure lines assertive come backs!
-“Sexual Pressures Flip Charts Project”
Day 4: OPTIONAL BOYS AND GIRLS SEPARATE DAY
-“Girl Talk Handout”
-Breast cancer and issues with girls
-Boys go over testicular cancer
Day 5 and 6: SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED INFECTIONS
-Understanding sexually transmitted infections
-"S.T.I True-False Quiz"
-“Sexually Transmitted Infections Slide Show” with “Step-by-step Teaching Script”
-“Communicable Diseases Card Game”
Day 7: HIV/AIDS
-“H.I.V. / A.I.D.S. PowerPoint Quiz” and correct it
-HIV/AIDS information (2020 Update!)
-Current HIV/AIDS research and statistics
Day 8: ABSTINENCE AND SETTING SEXUAL LIMITS
-More on H.I.V.
-AIDS / abstinence video
-Setting sexual limits and choosing abstinence
-The "Emotional Consequences of Sex"
-Interactive "Emotions That Can Come with Teen Sex" suitcase
Day 9: WHAT IS LOVE AND ROMANCE?
-How self-esteem affects relationships
-“What is Love?”
-“What is Romance?”
-“’What is Romance?’ Art Project”
Day 10: BIRTH CONTROL OPTIONS
-Birth control methods and 2020 statistics
-Birth control video clips and/or PowerPoint slides
-"Birth Control Worksheet"
Day 11: SEXUAL ASSAULT PART 1
-Sexual assault information (it's never the victim's fault)
-"Dear Abby" true story about a teen who was sexually harassed at work
-The "SEE IT, SAY IT, SHARE IT" sexual abuse model
-"No More Public Service Announcement" videos
Day 12 + 13: SEXUAL ASSAULT PART 2
-Recent sexual allegations news story and the women who are coming forward
-Applying the "SEE IT, SAY IT, SHARE IT" sexual abuse model to this news story
-Reese Witherspoon, America Ferrera, and Jennifer Lawrence speak out!
-#METOO and how the movement started
-Tips for preventing sexual assault
-What to do after a sexual assault
-How to have a healthy relationship
-“See It-Say It-Share It” quilt project (templates provided)
-Suggestions for topics are included
-Sexual assault/rape (Date rape video)
-“Work on "See It-Say It-Share It” quilt project
Day 14: HEALTHY VERSUS UNHEALTHY RELATIONSHIPS
-Traits of unhealthy relationships: Sexual Abuse, Assault, Harassment, Rape, Predators, and Domestic Violence
-Dating and Domestic Violence
-Domestic Violence Fact Sheet and 5 Celebrity Public Service T.V. Ad Links
-“Healthy –vs- Unhealthy Relationships Activity”
-ipad screensaver self-esteem activity
-Unit test review
Day 15 + Optional 16, 17: MORE ON RELATIONSHIP SAFETY and UNIT ASSESSMENT
-Wrap up “Healthy Versus Unhealthy Activity”
-Social media safety
- Internet, party, and dating safety
-Fun “Sexuality Board Game" for test review"
-“Sex Ed. Unit Test”
-“Parent-Teen Communicator Homework” on sexuality topics
-"Role-Play Task Cards" writing assignment
Day 18 + 19: THE CONSEQUENCES OF TEEN PREGNANCY
-“The Consequences of Teen Pregnancy” statistics
-"Household Simulation Activity"
Day 20: GUEST SPEAKER
-Guest Speaker: Doctor, Nurse, Reproductive Clinic Guest Speaker, Domestic Violence Counselor, Agency programs, staff member willing to share personal experiences or someone who has been a victim of assault or abuse.
- Every school district and community is different, so with this unit in particular, it’s important to know that I have made it super easy for you to take out, or add any information to this program since all documents and PowerPoints are editable.
* Documents are editable and included in Word and PDF formats.
* Ask your school district to purchase this curriculum for you!
* Purchase Orders are accepted!
* Copyright © Health Education Today, Inc. All rights reserved by author.
* Each purchase is for one single teacher's use only, and should not be shared with others.
* The purchaser is granted permission to make duplicates for classroom use only. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the Internet are all strictly prohibited . Violations are subject to penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
* Additional license for other teachers to buy this product are offered at a reduced price if done during original purchase (Click the license button during purchase). (SAVE )
★ This resource is taken directly from our Full Semester/Year High School Health Curriculum, and my Middle/Junior High School Health Curriculum, which are both #1 Best-Selling Health Curriculums on TeacherPayTeacher!!
Stay up to date with New Resources & Sales!!
Sign-Up for Updates
Check out our TpT Store
Follow our Social Media: Instagram & Pinterest
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ We value your reviews! After making a purchase and using our products, head back to this page to leave a review on our product ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Thank you so much for previewing!!
Health Education Today
* Professional Development Approved: Ask your school to purchase this curriculum for you!!
* School Purchase Orders Accepted: Simply follow the prompt for P.O.’s in your cart.
Copyright © Health Education Today, Inc. All rights reserved by the author.
Each purchase is for single use only and should not be shared with others.
The purchaser is granted permission to make duplicates for classroom use only. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the Internet are all strictly prohibited unless it is a password-protected student website. Violations are subject to penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.