This three grade level "Empathy Unit" bundle has been made specifically for middle and junior high school students!!
Click here for a preview of this product.
- Especially in our world today, teens need the message of kindness and empathy for others!
- Help your students see the value of empathy, the power of words for good or bad, and the incredible difference each student can make by supporting the victims of bullying and teasing.
- NEW! Bullying and Empathy Escape Room on Google Forms!
! I just finished an amazing update. There are now all-new photos on all Empathy PowerPoints!
- Includes a I created to show you not only s; but also how to use the Google Slideshows, how Microsoft users can use my Google Slideshows, how to send only one day's lessons to your students, how to add new information/pages to a Google Slideshow, how to edit and upload worksheets, how to voice-over slides, and more!
- After teaching health for 19 years, and putting together my own curriculum for all those years, I've collected what I feel are the best resources and lessons to help students understand and choose empathy.
- These lessons will help students embrace life's hardships and be proud of their own life story.
- You will be able to challenge your classes to respect differences, to see people for who they really are, and to see that if we sat down and got to know almost anyone, we'd see we had things in common.
- Lessons will aid you in talking about anger and what we all stand to lose if we lose our tempers. You can help your students see that if they say, "That person makes me so mad," they've just given that person power over them! Rather, they have the power within their own thoughts to calm themselves down.
- You will confront students with the possible reality of prison if they turn to violence, or if they are with someone who commits a crime.
that can be filled in on
- Interactive Google Forms
This is an editable “For Print” curriculum created in Word and PowerPoint, a digital resource ! Help your students build self-esteem and work on one of the greatest relationship skills - EMPATHY!
! Simply my "Student Docs Google Slideshow" (which includes fill-in text boxes) to your computer (Yes- text boxes remain intact!) and !
- If you upload this unit's PowerPoint and convert to Google Slides; then voice-over audio teacher instructions, you can send audio lessons home for a FULLY INDEPENDENT STUDY UNIT! (Full instructions included!)
- Highly organized, step-by-step teacher directions follow daily PowerPoints and tell you exactly to say!!
- Powerfully impact your students with this Common Core aligned 4-week unit that gets to the heart of these "hard to make a difference in teens" topics.
- Meets Common Core Standards, National Health Standards, and State Health Standards
: Note: These lessons are not meant to be used along with the High School Empathy lessons as they share topics and are too similar.
Level 1 Lessons:
- Interactive Empathy Trunks
- Self-Esteem Survey
- Bully Role-Play Task Cards
- Stop Bullying: Make Your Voice Count
- Impacting True articles About Teens Who Were Bullied
- How to Make a Positive Difference
- Cyber Bullying
- Written Empathy Test
Level 2 Lessons:
- Dealing with Bullying
- Ways to Stop a Bully
- Bullying Worksheet
- Overcoming Hardships Articles
- Article Reflection
- Next Day Quiz
- Personality Surveys
- Personality Survey Teen Homework with a Parent
- Bullying and Empathy Digital Escape Room!
- True/False Quiz
- Amazing Articles on Bullying
- Intro to Violence
- Understanding Violence
- Learning from True Stories
Level 3 Lessons:
- Empathy Survey
- Empathy Videos
- Empathy Homework
- The Power of Words
- "Words Have Power" Writing Assignment
- Life Story Project
- "What Would It Be Like?"
- If You Really Knew Me Activity
- One Person Can Make a Difference!
- News Articles
- Being Assertive, Not Aggressive
- Risk Factors for Violence
- Negative Consequences of Violence
- "Blind, Paralyzed, or in Prison" paper
- Forgiveness Lesson
- Learn From Others' Mistakes
- Forgiveness Activity
TOTAL: 22 Lessons
Here are topics at a glance: See "Preview" for a closer look!
- -Respect for differences
- -The Power of words
- -Understanding hate
- -Improving self-esteem
- -Stopping negativity
- -Overcoming hardships
- -Embracing your life story
- -Controlling anger
- -Conflict Resolution
- -Not giving our power to someone else!
- -Understanding violence
- -Recognizing risk factors
- -Why fights can be a symptom of something bigger
- -Resolving conflicts in positive ways
- -Healthy venting
- -Good decision-making skills
EDITABLE in WORD and PDF!
Stay up to date with New Resources & Sales!!
Sign-Up for Updates
Check out our TpT Store
Follow our Social Media: Instagram & Pinterest
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ We value your reviews! After making a purchase and using our products, head back to this page to leave a review on our product ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Thank you so much for previewing!!
Health Education Today
* Professional Development Approved: Ask your school to purchase this curriculum for you!!
* School Purchase Orders Accepted: Simply follow the prompt for P.O.’s in your cart.
Copyright © Health Education Today, Inc. All rights reserved by the author.
Each purchase is for single use only and should not be shared with others.
The purchaser is granted permission to make duplicates for classroom use only. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the Internet are all strictly prohibited unless it is a password-protected student website. Violations are subject to penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.