TeacherPayTeachers #1 Best-Selling 5th Grade Health Curriculum!!
Click here for a preview of this product.
Do you teach 5th Grade Health? I'm so excited about this elementary Health program. 5th Grade teachers will love this unique program. This is the #1 Best-Selling 5th Grade Health program on TeachersPayTeachers and it's designed to be low-prep!!
- Teach in class (Includes teacher directions-so much more than just worksheets!)
- Send home weekly "All-Done-at Home Homework Version"
- Teach online: All 30 task cards are on for "Distance Learning!
- Use a combination of all 3 versions!
If you want a Health program...
- that’s fun, engaging, challenging, and thought-provoking
- that meets State, National, and Common Core Standards
- that can have parents involved in their child’s health and wellness
- because you don’t have the time to teach Health topics
- because your current Health program is boring your students!
- because your school doesn’t have a Health curriculum!
- to homeschool your child...
- Busy classroom teachers!
- Distance learning
- Home schools
- Students with an extended absence
- Self-contained classrooms
- Sub plans!
- HOME LEARNING DURING SCHOOL CLOSURES
More About this Program:
- EASY-TO -USE
- GREAT FOR SOCIAL AND EMOTIONAL LEARNING (SEL)
- NO MORE SEARCHING FOR LESSON IDEAS OR PREVIEWING VIDEOS!
- PERFECT FOR BUSY ELEMENTARY TEACHERS WHO TEACH SO MANY DIFFERENT TOPICS!
>> Integrated Skills Based, Content Based / Knowledge Based. The best of both worlds.
>> Meets National Health Education Standards.
>> Meets Grade 5 Health Common Core Standards.
>> Meets Washington State’s rigorous 5th Grade Health Education Standards.
★ See a fun video of this program!
- Meet all state Health Standards without using class time by sending all 30 task cards home as homework to do with parents/guardians!
NEW! Use this program as ! All 30 Task Cards are now uploaded onto Google Slides and student task pages are able to be filled in online! Directions walk students through each lesson - PERFECT for DISTANCE LEARNING!
- Teach part of the task card lesson in class, such as an intro or follow-up to sending them home. (Teacher directions are included!)
- Or, use the included teacher directions to teach the whole program in class, once a week for 30 weeks.
- "This is fantastic!"
- "The students love health class."
- "This is so perfect and well worth the price!"
- "This is AMAZING!!! This has to be the most complete, easy to use, easy to follow, beautifully crafted Health curriculum I have ever seen!"
: So much more than just worksheets!
- Walk you step-by-step through the lesson
- Give additional and
to your students about the topics
- Include engaging individual and group
- Suggest fun to enhance the lessons!! (38 video links included - this alone will save you hours and hours of searching for good videos!)
- Are copied onto PowerPoint and Google Slides "Notes" section for quick reference!
- Meets ALL my Washington State Standards (So it's likely to meet yours too!)
- Meets ALL 8 National Health Standards
- Meets 7 Common Core Standards
- Learning Targets are included for each task card!
All new lessons, and any changes that I create for this resource are FREE!!
- Simply go to your "My Purchases" folder and download anytime!
★ Homework version is now on Google Slides ★
All 30 Task Cards are uploaded and student task pages are able to be filled in online! Directions walk students through each lesson - PERFECT for HOME LEARNING!
: Each lesson includes a Learning Target with space for student feedback!
1. "I will learn the traits of a good friend."
- What is a “true” friend?
- Ways to meet a new friend
- Optional baking cookies intro
- "Friendship Recipe"
2. "I will recognize the traits of a healthy and unhealthy relationships."
- “Healthy Versus Unhealthy Traits in a Relationship Survey”
- Healthy Relationship Posters"
3. "I will learn how to assertively stand up to peer pressures.”
- Top 10 Pressure Lines Quiz”
- Passive, assertive and aggressive traits, and their consequences
- How can being passive hurt you?
- “Are You Too Nice?” video
- How can being aggressive hurt you?
- "Pressure Line Flip Up Posters"
4. "I will learn and practice good, assertive refusal skills."
- "Assertiveness Role-Plays"
- How to resist pressure
5. "I will learn conflict resolution skills and practice "I" statements."
- What can be wrong with anger?
- "'I' Statements Worksheet"
- “I Statements” related to school posters
- Agreeing in the right way
6. "I will understand why servings size, fats, and sugars on a food label are important."
- Optional "Food Label Reading Full Lesson” ★★
- Food label video
- “Why Are So Many Americans Overweight” discussion
- -“Sugar in Baggies” experiment
7. "I will be able to figure out if a product is 'healthy' or not."
- Analyzing food products
- “Is this Product Healthy?” cube art
8. "I will learn what food groups are required, and then analyze my eating for one day to see if I get the correct amounts.”
- Eating healthy from the food groups
- Food Logs and analyzing own eating!
- “Portion Distortion Slide Show”
- “My Own Personalized Food Pyramid”
9. "I will understand why calcium is important and see if I am getting enough daily."
- Counting the calcium I ate/drank in a day
- "Skeletal Self-Portrait"
- "Human Body Quiz"
10. "I will learn what eating habits are unhealthy and determine any unhealthy eating habits I have."
- Habits survey and goal
- Habits video
- Have Parents Take the Healthy Eating Survey”
- “Fuel Up to Play 60” program intro
- FITT plans information and worksheet included
11. "I will learn the characteristics of puberty and know that they're normal."
- Girls and puberty information / Boys and puberty information
- Optional: I included my Middle School Sex Ed. Full lessons and PowerPoint on reproduction, abstinence, reproductive anatomy
- "Puberty Parent-Student Homework"
12. "I will learn the importance of good hygiene during puberty."
- Sweat, body odor, and feet!
- Kids Health website navigation
- “Dear Josh” letter assignment
13. "I will learn the importance of good hygiene for teeth and hair."
- Optional videos
- How to brush teeth video
- Shampoo and toothpaste survey
- Optional shampoo and hair type chart
14. "I will understand truths about what the HIV virus is and how it is spread."
- "HIV/AIDS Quiz"
- "HIV Myths and Truths"
- "HIV Survey"
- Background information on AIDS included
15. "I will learn what illnesses are in my own family genetics."
- Link to 5 FREE lessons on genetics!
- “Family Medical History Homework”
- Overcoming challenges from Covid-19
16. "I will coordinate an emergency plan for my family."
- Coordinating an emergency plan with family homework
- Website examples of safety plans
17. "I will know how to correctly apply basic first aid for common conditions.”
- Funny intro of what NOT to do for first aid!
- First aid scenarios and videos
- First aid practice
- "First Aid Poems"
18. "I will learn how to relieve stress in healthy ways."
- Stress for a 5th grader
- The 3 “Outs” to relieve stress
- "Animal Stress Stories"
- Optional videos on the brain and stress and stress management
- Sharing “Animal Stories” with another class at school
19. "I will learn the dangers of alcohol."
- Alcohol dangers
- "Alcohol Dangers Puzzle"
- Optional video
20. "I will understand the dangers of over-the-counter drugs."
- What are "Over the Counter Medicine” dangers
- "Medicine Cabinet Dangers Poster"
- Optional info commercials
21. "I will understand the dangers of drugs."
- The dangers of drugs
- “Walking Through the Door into the Drug World Posters”
- Real examples included
22. "I will celebrate my family heritage and culture."
- Being thankful for my family!
- Inspiring videos
- Family shields project
23. "I will respect, and be proud of, differences and have empathy for everyone."
- Meaning of a quote
- Being different poem
- “Respect Questions”
24. "I will know what to do if I am bullied or I see bullying."
- "HAHASO Model" of what to do if bullying is happening at your school
- “Stop Bullying/Making Your Voice Count Quilt”
25. "I will learn they key to not being manipulated at the grocery store."
- Grocery store manipulation
- Advertisers manipulation of buyers
- Product comparisons
26. "I will learn rules to help me determine if a magazine ad reflects the truth."
- Fast food product reality video!
- 10 Things you like about yourself
- "Triangle Project"
27. "I will gain decision-making skills."
- The WWWWH Decision-making model
- True Stories of poor decisions
28. "I will recognize technology dangers and how to avoid them."
- "Internet Safety Rules"
- Real stories video clips
- Suggested online rules with parent signature
29. "I will know how to determine if a website is reliable or not."
- How to know which websites to trust
30."I will review everything I learned this year and set some goals to be above negative influences."
- Reviewing all the topics covered!
- “Above the Influence” posters
★ 25 Best Cooperative Games!
- THIS RESOURCE IS NOT INCLUDED IN ANY OF MY OTHER CURRICULUMS!
- Documents are editable and included in PowerPoint formats.
- Ask your school district to purchase this curriculum for you!
- Purchase Orders are accepted! Follow the prompt for P.O.’s once in your cart.
- Each purchase is for single use only, and should not be shared with others.
- Additional license for other teachers to buy this product are at a reduced price if done during original purchase (Click the license button during purchase). (SAVE $$$)
Stay up to date with New Resources & Sales!!
Sign-Up for Updates
Check out our TpT Store
Follow our Social Media: Instagram & Pinterest
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ We value your reviews! After making a purchase and using our products, head back to this page to leave a review on our product ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Thank you so much for previewing!!
Health Education Today
* Professional Development Approved: Ask your school to purchase this curriculum for you!!
* School Purchase Orders Accepted: Simply follow the prompt for P.O.’s in your cart.
Copyright © Health Education Today, Inc. All rights reserved by the author.
Each purchase is for single use only and should not be shared with others.
The purchaser is granted permission to make duplicates for classroom use only. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the Internet are all strictly prohibited unless it is a password-protected student website. Violations are subject to penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.