These 21 Nutrition lessons on Google Slides make teaching nutrition easy for any 6th-12th grade teacher! Lessons have , so this program was designed as a completely independent program.
Click here for a preview of this product.
>> Integrated Skills Based, Content Based / Knowledge Based. The best of both worlds.
>> Meets all HS National Health Education Standards.
>> Meets all HS Technical Subjects Health Common Core Standards.
>> Meets all Washington State’s rigorous Health Education Standards.
- Get kids engaged and grab their interest with interactive surveys, worksheets, art projects, introspective reflections, writing assignments, and more!
PRINT AS NOTEBOOKS FOR INDEPENDENT CLASS WORK, or send students the FULL PROGRAM ON !
- Google Slides text boxes ready for students to fill in!
- It's super organized and easy to administer this independent program!
- TEACH OR FOR NOTEBOOKS FOR INDEPENDENT LEARNING ANYWHERE!
- Student Directions and worksheets are ALL ON 1 Google Slide!
- Teacher Version: Exact student version but with keys and some teaching suggestions and lesson extensions!
- You have never seen a program like this one! No more having students do vocabulary words out of an old Health book to get a Health credit.
- Distance learning
- Independent study
- Alternative schools
- Summer schools (Teacher instruction and additional activities included)
- Home schools
- Students with an extended absence
- Health Credit Retrieval
- Self-contained Classrooms
- Great sub plans!!
- HOME LEARNING DURING SCHOOL CLOSURES
★ ★: This Independent Study Nutrition Unit is for teachers who want .
It includes for print or online step-by-step that students can read and follow themselves and Google Slide worksheets they can do on their own! There are minimal notes or teaching suggestions for teachers!
- “Incredibly comprehensive and a valuable resource.”
- “Great resource… My students loved it… Very little work on my part!”
- “Very, very useful and engaging resource! Lots of helpful information and activities.”
- “This is one of the best items I have purchased on TPT worth every penny and then some.”
★ A check off assignment sheet and contract to determine time requirements and sign are included.
★ This Common Core aligned Nutrition Unit will help you present an engaging, medically-based, revealing, and interesting nutrition unit with ease.
★ The 21 lessons can be done in 11 days by completing 2 lessons a day, or take longer if you like!
Here are some awesome features of this program:
1. Aligned with State, National, and Common Core Standards. Standards are listed for easy reference in the "Table of Contents" and in each lesson.
2. The program is EASY - LOW Prep! It's truly "independent learning" and the teacher needs to do very little to administer this program. The point of the whole program is that students work independently-at home or in a classroom.
3. It is medically and scientifically accurate.
4. It's very organized! Simply use online, or print re-usable packets, sign a contract with your students and go!
5. There is also a teacher packet with full program directions, unit tests, and assignment and test keys.
: (See "Preview" for more details!)
1. “How Healthy Are You Eating?” Survey
2. Drinking Water Assignment
3. Nutrient/Formulas Worksheet
4. Understanding Calories Worksheet
5. Fast Food Restaurant Poster
6. Food Label Reading Worksheet
7. Food Label Scavenger Hunt Activity -
8. Food Pyramid Worksheet/Reflection (Mayo Clinic Version or MyPlate Version)
9. Optional Eating Disorders Survey
10. Exercise Worksheet
11. “FITT Principle Worksheet
12. Family Medical History Parent-Teen Communicator Homework
13. Emotions and Eating Survey and Reflections
14. Grocery Store Scavenger Hunt
15. “Is This Diet Healthy?” Worksheet
16. Calcium Survey
17. Calcium Worksheet
18. Healthy Eating for Life Survey and Goals
19. Energy Drinks Worksheet
20. Love What’s Good Worksheet
21. Nutrition Review and Test
★ BONUS! SUMMER SCHOOL VERSION INCLUDED!
I included simple "Teacher's Directions" for some lesson intros and lesson extensions in case anyone is in a teaching situation where they have some time to introduce these lessons before students begin to work independently! Great for self-contained classrooms or summer school programs!
★ BONUS #2! Links to so many amazing Nutrition videos!
★ NOTE: These independent study lessons are sold separately from any of our other curriculums. While lessons in this independent study program are taken from our #1 Best-Selling Nutrition Unit, our #1 Best-Selling full High School Health and Middle School (or Level 1, 2, or 3 Middle Health) curriculums, or our Sequential Health program, the lessons are in a completely different format. Rather than including step-by-step teacher directions and PowerPoints, this program includes online or printable step-by-step STUDENT directions and online or printable Fill-in Student Pages.
Stay up to date with New Resources & Sales!!
Sign-Up for Updates
Check out our TpT Store
Follow our Social Media: Instagram & Pinterest
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ We value your reviews! After making a purchase and using our products, head back to this page to leave a review on our product ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Thank you so much for previewing!!
Health Education Today
* Professional Development Approved: Ask your school to purchase this curriculum for you!!
* School Purchase Orders Accepted: Simply follow the prompt for P.O.’s in your cart.
Copyright © Health Education Today, Inc. All rights reserved by the author.
Each purchase is for single use only and should not be shared with others.
The purchaser is granted permission to make duplicates for classroom use only. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the Internet are all strictly prohibited unless it is a password-protected student website. Violations are subject to penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.