TeacherPayTeachers #1 Best-Selling High School Empathy Unit!!
Click here for a preview of this product.
Click here for a video preview of this product.
This high school 4-week "Empathy Unit" is the perfect way to help your students connect as a group, learn to respect differences, get to know others for who they really are, and to realize almost everyone has hardships to overcome and they can each develop the skills to thrive!
This resource is taken from our #1 Best-Selling High School Health Curriculum on Teacher Pay Teachers!!
- Especially in our world today, teens need the message of kindness and empathy for others!
- Help your students see the value of empathy, the power of words for good or bad, and the incredible difference each student can make by supporting the victims of bullying and teasing.
- ★ NEW! Bullying and Empathy Escape Room on Google Forms!
- ★ NEW! "Self-Advocacy Skills-Based Project" Student prompts included!
! I just finished an amazing update.
- ★ NEW! There is now all-new Background and photos on Empathy PowerPoint! New worksheet photos too!
- Includes a I created to show you not only s; but also how to use the Google Slideshows, how Microsoft users can use my Google Slideshows, how to send only one day's lessons to your students, how to add new information/pages to a Google Slideshow, how to edit and upload worksheets, how to voice-over slides, and more! (Click here for an example!)
- 183 Pages of Step-by-step Teacher Directions with 40 Documents
Easy to Teach: The step-by-step teacher directions that follow along with the PowerPoint slides make these lessons easy to teach.
PowerPoint Slides in 3 Different Presentations
- Unit Packet for Note-taking (On Google Slides!)
- Empathy/Violence Test and Key (On Google Slides!)
- Homework Assignments: Including one "Parent-Teen Communicator"-homework that has parents taking a personality survey and comparing theirs to their student's survey. (On Google Slides!)
★ Here is a video showing features of my Health units!
that can be filled in on
- Interactive Google Forms
This is an editable “For Print” curriculum created in Word and PowerPoint, a digital resource ! Help your students build self-esteem and work on one of the greatest relationship skills - EMPATHY!
! Simply my "Student Docs Google Slideshow" (which includes fill-in text boxes) to your computer (Yes- text boxes remain intact!) and !
- If you upload this unit's PowerPoint and convert to Google Slides; then voice-over audio teacher instructions, you can send audio lessons home for a FULLY INDEPENDENT STUDY UNIT! (Full instructions included!)
- Highly organized, step-by-step teacher directions follow daily PowerPoints and tell you exactly to say!!
- Powerfully impact your students with this Common Core aligned 4-week unit that gets to the heart of these "hard to make a difference in teens" topics.
- Meets 12 of the 20 Common Core Standards for Technical Subjects
- Meets 7 of the 8 National Health Standards
- Meets 10 State Standards
- •"Great program, students are loving this and the changes I see are rippling through our school.”
- •“Really hits home on topics that are relevant to my kids.”
- •"This unit is amazing and SOOOO detailed!” “Honestly one of the best resources I have ever paid for. So thorough and well thought out."
- •" WOW!! This unit is amazing!! It's so detailed…and excellent PowerPoints!! I highly recommend this product!”
- •"This is AWESOME.” “Worth the price.”
- •“My favorite resource I have ever bought on TPT."
- •“These are working great in my difficult classes.”
Day 1: WHAT IS EMPATHY
-Definition of Empathy
Day 2: OVERCOMING LABELS AND STEREOTYPES
-“Venn Diagrams” activity
-Labels and Stereotypes Discussion
-"Bystander Effect" Video (Try this on your students!)
Day 3: OVERCOMING HARDSHIPS
-“The Gingham Dress”
-”Overcoming Hardships” Worksheet
-“Our Words Have Power Activity"
-Empathy Can Change the World!
Day 4: OUR WORDS HAVE POWER
-Empathy in “Perspectacles”
-”What Would It Be Like” Worksheet
-"If you Really Knew Me Activity”
Day 5: POWERFUL LIFE STORIES PROJECT
-“Life Story Posters Project” (This is my all-time favorite activity! Very impactful and can be class-changing!)
Day 6+7: IMPROVING SELF-ESTEEM & PERSONALITY SURVEYS!
-“Self-Esteem Survey” (Taken from "Self-Esteem Unit")
-”Positive Self-Talk Activity” (Taken from "Self-Esteem Unit")
-Work on “Life Story Posters”
-How to Deal with Bullying
-“Overcoming Hardships Inspiring Articles Activity"
Day 9: RECOGNIZING AND STOPPING PREJUDISMS
-Reading true stories
Day 10: More on PREJUDISMS
-2020 to Current Events!
-"Say Our Names" Project
-One person can make a difference
-Share “Life Story Posters” in small groups activity
Day 11: PROTECTION AGAINST VIOLENCE
-Intro to violence
-Definition of violence
-True story articles
-”Risk and Protective Factors Survey”
Day 12: CONTROLLING ANGER!
-Setting an anger goal
-Optional Anger Cartoon
Day 13: RISK FACTORS FOR VIOLENCE
-20 risk factors for violence
-Don’t hang out with violent people
-What’s the big deal about fights?
Day 14: BEING ASSERTIVE, NOT AGGRESSIVE
-Assertive, NOT Aggressive
-"Assertiveness Survey" (Taken from "Conflict Resolution Unit")
-What Life is Like in Prison video
-“Blind, Paralyzed, or in Prison for Life"
Day 15 + 16: STOP BULLYING AND SUPPORTING VICTIMS
-“Stop Bullying: Making Your Voice Count Activity
Day 17: BULLYING AND EMPATHY DIGITAL ESCAPE ROOM!
-Get interactive on Google Forms with this great survey with a "coded" message!
Day 18: FORGIVENESS
-★NEW! Ex prison inmate talks about forgiveness!
-Super powerful Forgiveness Activity
Day 19: EMPATHY FINAL TEST
-Wrap Up Video
-“Empathy Test” (written or outloud)
Day 20: GUEST SPEAKER
-Guest Speaker: My Vice-Principal comes and go over all the school rules, and our Resource Deputy goes over all the state laws on bullying, harassment, violence, fights, cyber bullying, etc. (Many things that are against school rules are not actually against the law off campus, out in pubic!)
>> Integrated Skills Based, Content Based / Knowledge Based. The best of both worlds.
>> Meets all HS National Health Education Standards.
>> Meets all HS Technical Subjects Health Common Core Standards.
>> Meets all Washington State’s rigorous Health Education Standards.
Stay up to date with New Resources & Sales!!
Sign-Up for Updates
Check out our TpT Store
Follow our Social Media: Instagram & Pinterest
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ We value your reviews! After making a purchase and using our products, head back to this page to leave a review on our product ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Thank you so much for previewing!!
Health Education Today
* Professional Development Approved: Ask your school to purchase this curriculum for you!!
* School Purchase Orders Accepted: Simply follow the prompt for P.O.’s in your cart.
Copyright © Health Education Today, Inc. All rights reserved by the author.
Each purchase is for single use only and should not be shared with others.
The purchaser is granted permission to make duplicates for classroom use only. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the Internet are all strictly prohibited unless it is a password-protected student website. Violations are subject to penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.