TeacherPayTeachers #1 Best-Selling High School Cultural Diversity Unit!!
Click here for a preview of this product.
These "Cultural Diversity Lessons" include 14 lessons that delve into the complexities of diversity and racism, followed up with 5 more lessons on celebrating students own heritage! Using Beverly Daniel Tatum's' article "The Complexity of Identity: 'Who Am I ?'" students work through several complicated identity and race issues.
- -Includes 19 impacting lessons
- Powerful DEI articles, stories, quotes, videos and more!
- -68 pages of step-by-step teacher directions that tell you what to say
- -that walk you through the lessons
- New beautiful PowerPoint graphics!
- -Includes "Learning Targets," "Exit Tasks," and "Daily Assessments"
- ★ Watch a video to see this program's amazing organization!
>> Integrated Skills Based, Content Based / Knowledge Based. The best of both worlds.
>> Meets all HS National Health Education Standards.
>> Meets all HS Technical Subjects Health Common Core Standards.
>> Meets all Washington State’s rigorous Health Education Standards.
>> This resource is taken from our #1 Best-Selling High School Health Curriculum on Teacher Pay Teachers!!
- - "This is an absurdly high-quality unit. It reads like a college-level course, but using language and materials that high schoolers can access. The content is presented sensitively. Thank you to the creator who is clearly committed to shaping young people into thoughtful, engaged citizens."
- -"This is so valuable for any classroom that wants to introduce these types of topics in an friendly and safe way."
- - "Material is thorough, engaging and well presented. I like the creativity in the assignments and the extras that are included. Well worth the money! "
- - "Fantastic resources, lots of variety, super easy to use, made my life easier! :)"
- - "Great resource for teaching empathy and allowing students to identify who they are first and understanding the social constructs around identity."
● 142+ Google Slides and Forms: ALL STUDENT DOCS and POWERPOINTS for this “Mental Health Unit” are uploaded onto both google slides and forms.
● Google Classroom: You can assign Health worksheets in your Google Classroom or paperless environment using these student worksheets, surveys, and tests created on Google Slides with fill-in text boxes. Includes 10 Google Forms.
● Compatible with Microsoft platforms: Simply download "Student Docs Google Slideshow'' (includes fill-in text boxes) to your computer (text boxes remain intact). Simply upload and assign on your online Microsoft platform.
● Step-by-step Instructional Video: Shows you how to navigate my files and folders, how to use the Google Slideshows, how Microsoft users can use my Google Slideshows, how to send only one day's lessons to your students, how to add new information/pages to a Google Slideshow, how to edit and upload worksheets, how to voice-over slides, how to add an instructional video on top of slides, uploading to Google Drive tips, how to set up files for an organize Google Drive, and more!
★ Here is a video showing features of my Health units!
New! I am now selling the "High School" version of my Cultural Diversity Unit separately from the "Middle School" version! I will be posting the "Middle/Jr. High School Cultural Diversity Unit!" soon!
-Setting the Tone for inclusive discussions
-“I Am….” Exercise: Students have 60 seconds to use words to describe themselves
-Identity is complex!
– Beverly D. Tatum’s “The Complexity of Identity: “Who Am I?” article divided into daily teachable sections
-Partner and Group Discussions
-“Empathy Homework Assignment”
-Empathy Video Link: “Under the Surface”
-The “Eight Dimensions of Social Identity” Worksheet
-Harvard Bias Test
-True stories that one person CAN make a difference
-Central Park Birder True Story and Understanding “Racial Bias.”
-Race and Privilege
-More True Stories
DAY 5 + 6:
-Optional Article: “The House That Racism Built”
-Criminal Justice Racism
-The Difference Between Being “Not a Racist” and “Anti-Racism
-Langston Hughes Poem Project
-Dominance and Subordination Within Groups
-Local Stories of Racism and Violence
-Equality Versus Equity
-Inspiring True Story Project
-Sharing out True Stories Research
-Progression to Racism, Hate, and Violence
-National Monument in Montgomery, Alabama
-Bryan Stevenson’s Video: ” From Slavery to Mass Incarceration”
DAY 10 -12:
-2020 Social Justice and Events including: George Floyd Murder, Impact Across the World, “Say Our Names” Project, Other African American Deaths by Police, the Power of Peaceful Protests, Social Justice Movements, Black Lives Matter, Dismantling Confederate Statues, Senator John Lewis’ passing, Kamala Harris Nomination, Professional Athletes Support, and more.
-National Monument Project
DAY 13 -14:
-Bringing it forward to 2023
-Dr. Martin Luther King Quotes
-Be the Change Project
-19 Ways to Fight Racism
-Ben & Jerry’s Ice-Cream/Black Lives Matter Art Project!
-“Positive Message Ice-cream Container Art”
-Understanding the complexities of race
-Michael Jackson’s “Black or White” video and historical reflection
-The definition of “ethnicity”
-The history of racial diversity in America
-“Index of Countries and Cultures” Internet research sites for ancestor’s heritage
-Countries of the World Flags
-“CELEBRATING MY UNIQUENESS” POSTER PROJECT: Students will use 3 online websites; their ancestor’s country flags, traditions, and cultural heritage; motivating quotes; definitions; and their own racial heritage; appearance; and personality characteristics to create a poster reflecting their own unique traits!
-Art Rubric for grading posters is included
-Adding “Ad Slogans” to posters: Students choose from over 100 ad slogans to find a life slogan for themselves
-Motivating video links to show as students work on posters
DAY 3 and 4:
-“Career Survey” with 16 Career Clusters Handout
-Sharing posters activity (This is powerful!!)
Stay up to date with New Resources & Sales!!
Sign-Up for Updates
Check out our TpT Store
Follow our Social Media: Instagram & Pinterest
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ We value your reviews! After making a purchase and using our products, head back to this page to leave a review on our product ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Thank you so much for previewing!!
Health Education Today
* Professional Development Approved: Ask your school to purchase this curriculum for you!!
* School Purchase Orders Accepted: Simply follow the prompt for P.O.’s in your cart.
Copyright © Health Education Today, Inc. All rights reserved by the author.
Each purchase is for single use only and should not be shared with others.
The purchaser is granted permission to make duplicates for classroom use only. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the Internet are all strictly prohibited unless it is a password-protected student website. Violations are subject to penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.