From TeacherPayTeachers #1 Best-Selling High School Health Curriculum!!
Click here for a preview of this product.
Have your best beginning of a school year ever! Help students begin high school with confidence with this SUPER ENGAGING 2-week back to school unit.
Get final term assessment, classroom set-up and organization materials too!!
- These are my best beginning of the year lessons and my best organization tips from my 19 years of teaching Health! -My students left my class on the first day saying, "This is going to be the best class ever!"
- -Kick off your class with 2 weeks of fun activities to help your students begin to practice these important life skills!
- Lessons are in Word and PowerPoint!
- ★ NEW! "Amazing videos with reflection questions to start any day or week off on a positive note!
- ★ NEW! "Self-Advocacy Skills-Based Project" Student prompts included!
- ★ NEW! Fun "Famous Old Proverbs" activity! See if your students know the meaning of proverbs; for instance "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink!" These really get them thinking!
- I included my year-end "Health Final" assessment to use as a pre-test and post-test for measurement of student learning!
- I also included my from my many years of teaching experience!
- ★ NEW! I separated the high school and middle school "Begin a Term Units" so each will now be sold separately! If you teach middle school check back soon!
Here is what is included in the :
-Setting a safe and comfortable classroom environment. How to have an inviting, comfortable, homey atmosphere in your room
-A class syllabus template to personalize to your curriculum
-3 different Learning Target "Success Criteria" exit sheets
-Fun EDITABLE worksheet templates!
-Easy and Effective Discipline System-This really works!
-Morning PowerPoints and “Fun Facts in the Mornings” Idea: How to use daily PowerPoints to direct students and to present your lessons (I’ve included 30 Morning PowerPoint Templates and different real examples)
-Ziplock bags for art Projects
-No more "I didn't know we had homework!" Use my awesome system to post what you're doing in class on your board.
-Class “Be Above the Influence” theme and “Learning Targets”
-“How to Ace Your Teacher Evaluation”
-How to get amazing art projects from your students: Marker bag idea and an “Art Rubric” to help raise the level of student project
- Good communication skills
- Self-esteem and being proud to be who you are
- Choosing to have a good attitude
- Gratitude as foundational themes to set the tone for an upbeat and meaningful term!
- ★ NEW! Fun new graphics on worksheets and PowerPoint!
★ Here is a video showing features of my Health units!!
- ALL STUDENT DOCS for this “Begin a Term Unit” are uploaded onto , with for "Distance Learning!"
- ★ Assign Health worksheets in your or paperless environment using these student worksheets, surveys, and tests created on Google Slides ! Includes .
- ★ ! Simply my "Student Docs Google Slideshow" (which includes fill-in text boxes) to your computer (Yes- text boxes remain intact!) and !
- Includes a I created to show you not only s; but also how to use the Google Slideshows, how Microsoft users can use my Google Slideshows, how to send only one day's lessons to your students, how to add new information/pages to a Google Slideshow, how to edit and upload worksheets, how to voice-over slides, how to add an instructional video on top of slides, uploading to Google Drive tips, how to set up files for an organize Google Drive, and more! (Click here for an example!)
>> Integrated Skills Based, Content Based / Knowledge Based. The best of both worlds.
>> Meets all HS National Health Education Standards.
>> Meets all HS Technical Subjects Health Common Core Standards.
>> Meets all Washington State’s rigorous Health Education Standards.
- - "This is an amazing resource! Worth every penny."
- - "Great ideas that I could modify for my multiple grade levels in my Health classes."
- - "I really liked the classroom organization tips!"
- - "This is wonderful and could be used cross-curriculum. Very easily adaptable."
- - "Amazing resource!"
★ This resource is taken from our #1 Best-Selling High School Health Curriculum on Teacher Pay Teachers!
Here is what is included in the BEGINNING A TERM :
★ 81 PAGES OF FULL STEP-BY-STEP TEACHER DIRECTIONS tell you what to say and they follow PowerPoint slides that walk you through each of these lessons as you teach your students!
★ 111 Main PowerPoint Slides!
★ Choose as many activities as you want to do! These separate lessons are "stand-alones" and can be taught anytime in any order!
-Try this “First Day of School” lesson that has worked great for me for years!
-Introduce yourself to your students with a quiz about you! (template included)
-“Learning Styles Survey”
-"Learning Styles Explanation Handout"
-Amazing YouTube videos that kids love!
-Reinforce an “I will” attitude in your students.
-"Famous Failures" Version of the "I Will" attitude for high school classes!
-Use the theme "Stop saying 'I wish' and start saying 'I will.'"
-Classroom File Folders System
-Students Decorate File Folders
-Introduce "Learning Target" posters and "Success Criteria Student Worksheets"
-Fun, inspiring videos!
-★ NEW! "Amazing videos with reflection questions to start any day or week off on a positive note!
-The (I had a buyer email me that she did the activity with her students last year and got a round of applause when she finished "The Little Health Teacher" version included!)
-Give the Final Health Assessment as a "Pre-Test"
-Give the "" I put together a revealing anonymous survey to get in touch with how my students view a whole array of health topics, and to be able to show them just how their peers feel about relevant issues. For instance, I was able to show them that when they think, "Almost everyone drinks alcohol" in reality only 26% of the 140 of their peers I surveyed had EVER drank alcohol outside of being their family!
-Optional "Getting to know your classmates "Ice-Breaker"
-Communication Skills Fun! Do this partner activity on listening skills!
-Mahatma Gandhi Poster
-Includes "Artwork Rubric" and "Art Competition for Extra Credit System!"
-Creating Student-Generated Classroom Rules: -"Sticky Note Rules" - Students help write classroom rules (template provided)
-Famous Old Proverbs Activity! (See "Preview" for more on this!)
Stay up to date with New Resources & Sales!!
Sign-Up for Updates
Check out our TpT Store
Follow our Social Media: Instagram & Pinterest
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ We value your reviews! After making a purchase and using our products, head back to this page to leave a review on our product ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Thank you so much for previewing!!
Health Education Today
* Professional Development Approved: Ask your school to purchase this curriculum for you!!
* School Purchase Orders Accepted: Simply follow the prompt for P.O.’s in your cart.
Copyright © Health Education Today, Inc. All rights reserved by the author.
Each purchase is for single use only and should not be shared with others.
The purchaser is granted permission to make duplicates for classroom use only. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the Internet are all strictly prohibited unless it is a password-protected student website. Violations are subject to penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.