Preview★★★★★ This is a powerful lesson! Help your students learn how to have healthy relationships for life!
– My students loved this lesson and art project and it helped them to understand the traits involved in successful relationships. I wanted to be sure my students knew the positive aspects to strive for in their own relationships!
★ This resource is one of my #1 Best-Selling Lessons” in my TeachersPayTeachers store! I’m so excited to now be able to sell this same resource here on my own website, but if you prefer to see reviews and/or purchase it on TPT click HERE.
– ★NEW!★ All worksheets and handouts now on for online learning!
– This resource is perfect for promoting social and emotional learning (SEL).
– UPDATED TO 5 FULL STAND-ALONE LESSONS! Teach one lesson or all!
Relationships are one of the most important things in life!
Watch a Fun 1-Minute Video on this Resource!
tell you what to say and directions follow PowerPoint slides that walk you through each lesson as you teach your students! 59 PowerPoint slides for visually impacting lessons!
In healthy relationships, people should feel safe and accepted for who they are. As teens struggle with self-esteem issues and fitting in, it’s vital they recognize the traits of healthy and unhealthy relationships, and feel empowered to make safe and respectful choices in all relationships!
“Professional and thorough!” “Fantastic!”
“My Students loved this lesson!”
“Kids are engaged…Really gets them thinking!”
“This information is so pertinent in today’s society!”
– All new lessons, activities, and any changes that I create for this resource are FREE!
– All 5 Lessons are stand-alone. Teach 1 or all.
– 39 pages of step-by-step teacher directions tell you what to say!
– 61 PowerPoint slides walk you through this lesson!
– There are 15 links to articles and surveys
– There are 9 links to impacting videos! Make learning visual!
-Ways to meet new friends
-“Friendship 4 Real Worksheet”
-“Interviewing 10 People Homework”
-Students create “Recipes for Friendship”
-How to have healthy relationships
-10 Tips for healthy relationships
-Traits wanted in future spouse
-Reading 4 powerful articles on “Healthy Relationships”
-“Healthy Relationships Art Project” (real example photos provided)
-“Art Rubric” provided
-“Love Language Survey”
-Discuss what results mean
-Work on “Healthy Relationships Art Project”
-Optional funny “Application to Date My Daughter”
-“Why Do We Fall in Love Article”
-“Love” video from KidsHealth website
-“Dating Do’s and Dont’s Handout”
-Fun Interactive “Healthy Dating Worksheet”
-Optional: Link to FREE “Abstinence Lesson” and websites
-Healthy versus unhealthy relationships discussion
-“Unhealthy Relationships Quiz”
-Goals for improving relationships
-Abusive Relationships and warning signs
-Why people stay in abusive relationships
-“Teen Relationship Story Homework” (This is a great project to post somewhere around campus to remind other students the healthy aspects of relationships.)
Maybe you’d just rather get my 4-Week Sex Ed. Unit (Makes this topic easy to teach!)
-BE SURE TO CLICK ON THE PREVIEW TO SEE MORE
Copyright © Health Education Today, Inc. All rights reserved by author.
*Each purchase is for single teacher use only, and .
-The purchaser is granted permission to make duplicates for classroom use only. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the Internet are all strictly prohibited unless it is a password-protected student website. Violations are subject to penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
-THIS RESOURCE AND ALL ITS MATERIALS ARE INCLUDED IN MY FULL SEMESTER HIGH SCHOOL HEALTH AND MY “MIDDLE/JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL HEALTH” program AND IS ALSO PART OF MY “SEX ED. UNIT.”
Thank you so much for previewing!
Health Education Today, Inc.
Master of Education
National Board Certified Health Teacher