–This product has everything you need to encourage your students that what drugs provide is temporary and that the negative effects of using drugs can last a lifetime.
- Here are some quotes about this unit from teacher/buyers:
-“Best unit I’ve ever used!”
-“So well put together and worth purchasing!”
-“The PowerPoints are wonderful!!
-“I have found that Mrs. S’ products are reliable, relevant, and age appropriate. My students love her units and have fun with her projects.”
-“Everything you need to be successful reaching to young adults.”
ALL FUTURE UPDATES FOR LIFE ARE INCLUDED!! All new lessons, activities, and any changes that I create for this unit are FREE!! Simply go to your “My Purchases” folder and download anytime!
- Here is what sets this curriculum apart from others:
• Will this program be easy to teach? Yes! It’s not just a unit outline. 165 pages of highly organized step-by-step teacher directions follow 337 PowerPoint slides, and the directions tell you exactly to say and do!! There are also 4 additional PowerPoints!!
• Will the program meet standards? Yes, this program meets 6 Common Core Standards, 31 National Health Standard indicators, and 11 of my Washington State Health Standards. It’s very likely to meet YOUR state’s Health Education standards as well!
• Is this program researched-based? Yes, in this curriculum you will find health goals and behavioral outcomes that are research-based and theory-driven.
• Should I buy this program or one created by a curriculum company? Why buy lessons designed by people who’ve possibly never taught in a classroom when you can get lessons from a teacher with a National Board Certification in Health and 19 years of experience teaching 9th grade Health? This curriculum is fun, interactive, and has engaging lessons, and it’s amazingly more affordable than ones created by publishing companies!
• Will the lessons be effective for my students? Yes! It’s been “teacher and kid tested.” I’ve taught the Drug Unit and revised it, taught it again, perfected it, and improved it.
• What if I need to change a lesson? No problem! Documents and PowerPoints are editable and docs are included in both Word and PDF formats.
• Will my students like this program? Students love this program, and students who like what they’re learning are more likely to choose to actually use what they learned outside the classroom.
• What sets this curriculum apart from others is that it’s not just a unit outline!Highly organized, step-by-step teacher directions follow daily PowerPoints and tell you exactly to say!!
- This 3-Week Unit Includes:
-165 pages of full step-by-step teacher directions
-337 PowerPoint Slides in 5 presentations that walk you through each lesson
-8-page Student packet and key
-Links to 33 impacting videos
-Learning Target posters for each lesson and “Success Criteria Daily Worksheet”
-Table of Content Links ALL daily lessons for quick navigation!
- Here are some of the activities included in the individual lessons:
Day 1: RISK FACTORS AND ADDICTION
-26-Slide “Risk Factors PowerPoint Quiz”
-Intervention video with video review sheet: students analyze the true stories of two addicts and think of positive choices they could have made instead of their road to addiction
Day 2: RISK FACTORS DAY 2
-The brain and habits and how addiction happens
-“Neurotransmitters Handout” discussion
-Intervention video continued with video review reflection
-Healthy alternatives group work
-How drugs affect the brain
-Ecstasy’s unique and dangerous side-effects
-How to recognize a meth lab
-“Drink Safety Tips Posters”
-Amotivational Syndrome Worksheet
-New Marijuana legalization laws
-Traits of an “unmotivated Marijuana user” discussion
-Marijuana video with review sheet
“Drugs Are Bad” PowerPoint presentation
Day 6 and 7: THE TRUTH ABOUT MARIJUANA
-“The Truth About Marijuana” video group activity and reflection
-PAIR/SHARE and discussion
-“The Truth About Marijuana” class mural project
Day 8: MARIJUANA CONTINUED
-“True-False Marijuana Quiz”
-New Marijuana Dangers Research by Harvard and Northwestern
-“Why Teens Use Drugs Body Part Homework”
-“How Pot Hurt Me Card Game”
-”Pharm Party Activity” with worksheet
-Addiction and protective factors
-Celebrities who have overdosed
Day 10: MORE ON NARCOTICS/REFUSAL SKILLS
-“WWWWH Decision Making Worksheet”
-“Drug Refusal Role-Plays”
-“Synthetic Drugs” Guessing Game and Art Project
-Designer Drugs Spice, Molly and Bath Salts
Day 12 and 13: WRAP UP UNIT
-Conclusion and wrap up unit
-”Drug Parent-Teen Communicator Homework” (Facilitates discussion between teens and parents/guardians on these important topics)
-“Drug Unit Test” and key
“Don’t Step Into That Drug World” Art Project
-Invite an administrator to share about school drug rules, or invite a recovered drug user, or drug counselor to share with your class
-Above the Influence website
-The dangers of inhalants
-Be sure to see preview above
-Everything is EDITABLE in WORD and PDF!!!
-Documents are editable and included in Word and PDF formats.
-Ask your school district to purchase this curriculum for you!
-Copyright © Health Education Today, Inc. All rights reserved by author.
-Each purchase is for one single teacher’s use only, and should not be shared with others.
-The purchaser is granted permission to make duplicates for classroom use only. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the Internet are all strictly prohibited unless it is a password-protected student website. Violations are subject to penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
Thank you so much for previewing!
Health Education Today, Inc.
Master of Education
National Board Certified Health Teacher
Cover Photo: https://www.fotosearch.com