(A license for one teacher only that cannot be shared between teachers.)
For School District “Transferable Licenses” click here.
★★★★★ I am so excited for fifth grade teachers to see this unique program! The whole year standards-based Heath curriculum is on 30 weekly “Task Cards” and is NOW ON GOOGLE SLIDES!
-Task cards can be sent home as homework, taught in class, or shared as links to GOOGLE SLIDES for distance learning!”
–This curriculum is perfect for:
-Students with an extended absence
-Great sub plans!!
–HOME LEARNING DURING SCHOOL CLOSURES
• Learn more about this Full-Year Task Card Program:
–This is the #1 Best-Selling Full Year “5th Grade Health” curriculum on all of TeachersPayTeachers, and I am so happy to now be able to sell it here on my own website!
-It’s EASY-TO -USE
-It’s great for social and emotional (S.E.L.) learning
-Saves time searching for lesson ideas and Health videos!
-Perfect for busy elementary teachers who teach and prep for so many different subjects
★Get a FREE SAMPLE LESSON in the Preview above!
• YOU Choose How You Want to Use This Unique Program:
1. Meet all state Health Standards without using class time by sending all 28 task cards home as homework to do with parents/guardians!
2. NEW! Use this program as at home learning! All 28 Task Cards are now uploaded onto Google Slides and student task pages are able to be filled in online! Directions walk students through each lesson – PERFECT for DISTANCE LEARNING!
3. Teach part of the task card lesson in class, such as an intro or follow-up to sending them home. (Teacher directions are included!)
4. Or, use the included teacher directions to teach the whole program in class, once a week for 30 weeks.
• Here is what buyers are saying:
– “This is AMAZING!!! This has to be the most complete, easy to use, easy to follow, beautifully crafted Health curriculum I have ever seen!”
– “This is fantastic!” “The students love health class.”
– “This has made my health so much easier. Love it.”
– “This is so perfect and well worth the price!”
• Will This Curriculum Meet Standards? YES!
-Meets ALL my Washington State Standards
-Meet ALL 8 National Health Standards
-Meets 7 Common Core Standards
-This program should easily meet all of your state standards as well!
• Interested in Other Grade Levels of This Program?
These programs all contain different sequential task cards, perfect if you teach multiple grade levels!! Click here for:
• The program includes:
– Step-by-step teacher directions to walk you through the lesson
-Additional background information and links to informative websites
-What to say to your students about the topics
-Fun art projects
-Fun video links to enhance the lessons! (39 video links included – this alone will save you hours and hours of searching for good videos!)
-Learning Targets are included for each task card!
–Free Future Updates: All new lessons, activities, and any changes that I create for this resource are FREE!
-For Google Slides Version: All tasks have online options to complete the tasks. No printing is necessary.
• Here are the 30 Lesson Topics Based on 5th Grade Learning Targets:
1.”I will learn the traits of a good friend.”
-What is a “true” friend?
-Ways to meet a new friend
-Optional baking cookies intro
2. “I will recognize the traits of a healthy and unhealthy relationships.”
-“Healthy Versus Unhealthy Traits in a Relationship Survey”
-“Healthy Relationship Posters”
3. “I will learn how to assertively stand up to peer pressures.”
-“Top 10 Pressure Lines Quiz”
-Passive, assertive and aggressive traits, and their consequences
-How can being passive hurt you?
-“Are You Too Nice?” video
-How can being aggressive hurt you?
-“Pressure Line Flip Up Posters”
4. “I will learn and practice good, assertive refusal skills.”
-How to resist pressure
5. “I will learn conflict resolution skills and practice “I” statements.”
-What can be wrong with anger?
-“‘I’ Statements Worksheet”
-“I Statements” related to school posters
-Agreeing in the right way
6. “I will understand why servings size, fats, and sugars on a food label are important.”
-Optional “Food Label Reading Full Lesson”
-Food label Video
-“Why Are So Many Americans Overweight” discussion
– “Sugar in Baggies” experiment
7. “I will be able to figure out if a product is ‘healthy’ or not.”
-Analyzing food products
-“Is this Product Healthy?” Cube Art
8. “I will learn what food groups are required, and then analyze my eating for one day to see if I get the correct amounts.”
-Eating healthy from the food groups
-Food Logs and analyzing own eating!
-“Portion Distortion Slide Show”
-“My Own Personalized Food Pyramid”
9. “I will understand why calcium is important and see if I am getting enough daily.”
-Counting the calcium I ate
-“Human Body Quiz”
10. “I will learn what eating habits are unhealthy and determine any unhealthy eating habits I have.”
-Habits survey and goal
-Have Parents Take the “Healthy Eating Survey”
-“Fuel Up to Play 60” program intro
-FITT plans information and worksheet included
11. “I will learn the importance of good hygiene during puberty.”
-Sweat, body odor, and feet!
-Kids Health website navigation
-“Dear Josh” letter assignment
12. “I will learn the importance of good hygiene for teeth and hair.”
-How to brush teeth video
-Shampoo and toothpaste survey
-Optional shampoo and hair type chart
13. “I will learn the characteristics of puberty and know that they’re normal.”
-Girls and puberty information / Boys and puberty information
-Optional: I included my Middle School Sex Ed. Full lessons and PowerPoint on reproduction, abstinence, reproductive anatomy
-“Puberty Parent-Student Homework”
14. “I will understand truths about what the HIV virus is and how it is spread.”
-“HIV Myths and Truths”
-Background information on AIDS included
15. “I will learn what illnesses are in my own family genetics.”
-Link to 5 FREE lessons on genetics!
-“Family Medical History Homework”
16. “I will coordinate an emergency plan for my family.”
-Coordinating an emergency plan with family homework
17. “I will know how to correctly apply basic first aid for common conditions.”
-Funny intro of what NOT to do for first aid!
-First aid scenarios and videos
-First aid practice
-“First Aid Poems”
18. “I will learn how to relieve stress in healthy ways.”
-Stress for a 5th grader
-The 3 “Outs” to relieve stress
-“Animal Stress Stories”
-Optional videos on the brain and stress and stress management
-Sharing “Animal Stories” with another class at school
19. “I will learn the dangers of alcohol.”
-“Alcohol Dangers Puzzle”
20. “I will understand the dangers of over-the-counter drugs.”
-What are “Over the Counter Medicine” dangers
-“Medicine Cabinet Dangers Poster”
-Optional info commercials
21. “I will understand the dangers of drugs.”
-The dangers of drugs
-“Walking Through the Door into the Drug World Posters”
-Real examples included
22. “I will celebrate my family heritage and culture.”
-Being thankful for my family!
-Family shields project
23. “I will respect, and be proud of, differences and have empathy for everyone.”
-Meaning of a quote
-Being different poem
24. “I will know what to do if I am bullied or I see bullying.”
-“HA-HA-SO Model” of what to do if bullying is happening at your school
-“Stop Bullying/Making Your Voice Count Quilt”
25. “I will learn they key to not being manipulated at the grocery store.”
-Grocery store manipulation
-Advertisers manipulation of buyers
26″I will learn rules to help me determine if a magazine ad reflects the truth.”
-Fast Food product reality video!
-10 Things you like about yourself
27. “I will gain decision-making skills.”
-The WWWWH Decision-making model
-True Stories of poor decisions
28. “I will recognize technology dangers and how to avoid them.”
-“Internet Safety Rules”
-Real stories video clips
-Suggested online rules with parent signature
29. “I will know how to determine if a website is reliable or not.”
-How to know which websites to trust
30.”I will review everything I learned this year and set some goals to be above negative influences.”
-Reviewing all the topics covered!
-“Above the Influence” Posters
★NEW! 25 of the “Best Cooperative Games” now included!
…You want a Health program that’s fun, engaging, challenging, and thought-provoking
…You want a Health Curriculum that meets State, National, and Common Core Standards
…You see the tremendous value of parents involved in their child’s health and wellness
…You currently don’t have the time to teach as many of the Health topics as you’d like
…Your current Health program is boring your students
…Your school doesn’t have a Health curriculum
…If you are homeschooling your child…
THEN THIS UNIQUE “HOMEWORK TASK CARD CURRICULUM” IS FOR YOU!!!
★THIS RESOURCE IS NOT INCLUDED IN ANY OF MY OTHER CURRICULUMS!
-Documents are editable and included in PowerPoint formats.
-Ask your school district to purchase this curriculum for you!
-Copyright © Health Education Today, Inc. All rights reserved by author.
-Each purchase is for single use only, and should not be shared with others.
-The purchaser is granted permission to make duplicates for classroom use only. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the Internet are all strictly prohibited unless it is a password-protected student website. Violations are subject to penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
Thank you so much for previewing!
Health Education Today, Inc.
Master of Education
National Board Certified Health Teacher
Cover Photo: https://www.fotosearch.com