TeacherPayTeachers #1 Best-Selling High School Drug Unit!!
Click here for a preview of this product.
Click here for a video preview of this product.
This Drug Unit is powerful and relevant for today's teens. This "3-Week High School Health Unit" has everything you need to encourage your students that what drugs provide is temporary and that the negative effects of using drugs can last a lifetime.
These Health lessons will make teaching the dangers of drugs engaging, and thought-provoking. These lessons can make a difference!
- 160 pages of full step-by-step teacher directions that follow PowerPoint slides and suggest what to say!
- ★ ! I just finished an amazing update. There are now all-new photos on all Drug PowerPoints and many worksheets!
- 5 PowerPoint presentations that walk you through each lesson!
- Student Packet for notes!
- Links to impacting videos
- Engaging Documents
- Learning Target Posters for each lesson included
- Great "Escape room" on Addiction!
- Interactive Marijuana Card Game, OTC Scavenger Hunt, Drug-Free BINGO, and more!
Here is a video showing features of my Health units!
This unit if and :
- ALL STUDENT DOCS for this “Drug Unit” are uploaded onto .
- Assign Health worksheets in your or paperless environment using these student worksheets, surveys, and tests created on Google Slides ! Includes . with fill-in text boxes for the program are also included!
! Simply my "Student Docs Google Slideshow" (which includes fill-in text boxes) to your computer (Yes- text boxes remain intact!) and !
- Includes a I created to show you not only s; but also how to use the Google Slideshows, how Microsoft users can use my Google Slideshows, how to send only one day's lessons to your students, how to add new information/pages to a Google Slideshow, how to edit and upload worksheets, how to voice-over slides, how to add an instructional video on top of slides, uploading to Google Drive tips, how to set up files for an organize Google Drive, and more. (Click here for an example!)
- If you upload this unit's PowerPoint and convert to Google Slides; then voice-over audio teacher instructions, you can send audio lessons home for a FULLY INDEPENDENT STUDY UNIT! (Full instructions included!)
Will this program be easy to teach? Yes! It’s not just a unit outline. 160 pages of highly organized step-by-step teacher directions follow 300+ PowerPoint slides, and the directions tell you exactly to say and do!
FULL STEP-BY-STEP TEACHER DIRECTIONS tell you what to say and they follow PowerPoint slides that walk you through each lesson as you teach your students!
★ Watch a video to see this program's amazing organization!
>> Integrated Skills Based, Content Based / Knowledge Based. The best of both worlds.
>> Meets all HS National Health Education Standards.
>> Meets all HS Technical Subjects Health Common Core Standards.
>> Meets all Washington State’s rigorous Health Education Standards.
- -"Best unit I've ever used!"
- -"So well put together and worth purchasing!"
- -"The PowerPoints are wonderful!!
- -"I have found that Mrs. S' products are reliable, relevant, and age appropriate. My students love her units and have fun with her projects."
- -"Everything you need to be successful reaching to young adults."
• Will the program meet standards? Yes, this program meets 6 Common Core Standards, 31 National Health Standard indicators, and 11 of my Washington State Health Standards. It’s very likely to meet YOUR state’s Health Education standards as well!
• Is this program researched-based? Yes, in this curriculum you will find health goals and behavioral outcomes that are research-based and theory-driven.
• Should I buy this program or one created by a curriculum company? Why buy lessons designed by people who've possibly never taught in a classroom when you can get lessons from a teacher with a National Board Certification in Health and 19 years of experience teaching 9th grade Health? This curriculum is fun, interactive, and has engaging lessons, and it's amazingly more affordable than ones created by publishing companies!
• Will the lessons be effective for my students? Yes! It's been "teacher and kid tested." I've taught the Drug Unit and revised it, taught it again, perfected it, and improved it.
• What if I need to change a lesson? No problem! Documents and PowerPoints are editable and docs are included in both Word and PDF formats.
• Will my students like this program? Students love this program, and students who like what they’re learning are more likely to choose to actually use what they learned outside the classroom.
• What sets this curriculum apart from others is that: It's not just a unit outline! Highly organized, step-by-step teacher directions follow daily PowerPoints and tell you exactly to say!!
Day 1: RISK FACTORS AND ADDICTION
-Introduction to Unit
-"Anonymous Teen Survey"
-26-Slide "Risk Factors PowerPoint Quiz"
-Intervention video with video review sheet: Students analyze the true stories of two addicts and think of positive choices they could have made instead of their road to addiction
Day 2: RISK FACTORS DAY 2
-The Brain and Habits and How Addiction Happens
-"Neurotransmitters Handout" Discussion
-Intervention Video Continued with Video Review Reflection
-Healthy Alternatives Group Work
Day 3: STIMULANTS
-How Drugs Affect the Brain
-”Faces of Meth” Video
-True Story Articles
-Ecstasy's Unique and Dangerous Side-Effects
-How to Recognize a Meth Lab
Day 4: DEPRESSANTS
-Date Rape Drugs
-"Club Drugs" Video
-"Drink Safety Tips Posters"
Day 5: HALLUCINOGENS
-Amotivational Syndrome Worksheet
-New Marijuana Legalization Laws
-Traits of an "Unmotivated Marijuana User" Discussion
-Marijuana Video with Review Sheet
"Drugs Are Bad" PowerPoint Presentation
Day 6 and 7: THE TRUTH ABOUT MARIJUANA
-“The Truth About Marijuana” Video Group Activity and Reflection
-PAIR/SHARE and Discussion
-“The Truth About Marijuana” Class Mural Project
Day 8 (+ 1 more day): MARIJUANA CONTINUED
-“True-False Marijuana Quiz”
-Marijuana Dangers Research by Harvard and Northwestern
-“Why Teens Use Drugs Body Part Homework”
-“How Pot Hurt Me Card Game”
Day 9: NARCOTICS
-”Pharm Party Activity” with Worksheet
-Addiction and Protective Factors
-Celebrities Who Have Overdosed
Day 10: MORE ON NARCOTICS/REFUSAL SKILLS
-"Top 10 Heroin Dangers"
-“WWWWH Decision Making Worksheet”
-“Drug Refusal Role-Plays”
Day 11 (+ 1 more day): SYNTHETIC DRUGS
-More on Heroin
-"Synthetic Drugs" Guessing Game and Art Project
-Designer Drugs Spice, Molly and Bath Salts
Day 12 and 13: WRAP UP UNIT
-Conclusion and Wrap Up Unit
-"Drug Parent-Teen Communicator Homework" (Facilitates discussion between teens and parents/guardians on these important topics)
-Drug Test Review
Day 14: UNIT ASSESSMENT
-“Drug Unit Test” and Key
-"Don't Step Into That Drug World" Art Project
Day 15: GUEST SPEAKER
-Invite an administrator to share about school drug rules, or invite a recovered drug user, or drug counselor to share with your class
-"Above the Influence" Website
EXTRA DAY 16: INHALANTS
-The Dangers of Inhalants
-True Story Articles
-Letter to Parents
EXTRA DAY 17 "Digital Escape Room on " on Google Forms!
EXTRA DAY 18: "Over the Counter Medications Around the Room Activity"
Stay up to date with New Resources & Sales!!
Sign-Up for Updates
Check out our TpT Store
Follow our Social Media: Instagram & Pinterest
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ We value your reviews! After making a purchase and using our products, head back to this page to leave a review on our product ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Thank you so much for previewing!!
Health Education Today
* Professional Development Approved: Ask your school to purchase this curriculum for you!!
* School Purchase Orders Accepted: Simply follow the prompt for P.O.’s in your cart.
Copyright © Health Education Today, Inc. All rights reserved by the author.
Each purchase is for single use only and should not be shared with others.
The purchaser is granted permission to make duplicates for classroom use only. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the Internet are all strictly prohibited unless it is a password-protected student website. Violations are subject to penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.