TeacherPayTeachers #1 Best-Selling High School First Aid Unit!!
Click here for a preview of this product.
Click here for a video preview of this product.
Do you want to teach first aid? Get this FUN AND INFORMATIVE 3-week "First Aid Unit!" This is a favorite resource because students have a great time with the group work and re-enactment presentations, and they also LOVE the wilderness first aid activities!!
Why Purchase This Resource:
- This unit saves you so many hours of research and prep time!
- Step-Step Teacher Directions follow PowerPoint slides to walk you through the lessons!
- Students LOVE these activities!
- Choose from British or American Red Cross Research with links and QR codes!
NEW! I just added this empowering skills-based "Advocacy First Aid Heroes Project!"
- Show engaging videos to teach C.P.R.
- Show visual instruction videos on how to use an A.E.D.
- A FAVORITE! Get interactive with partners practicing “Wilderness First Aid” skills on how to wrap sprained ankles, and make a leg splint and an arm sling
- First Aid Accident and Response Re-enactments!
- Several "Unit Assessment" options!
- Teach these important safety and life skills in an engaging way!
- ALL STUDENT DOCS and POWERPOINTS for this “First Aid Unit” are uploaded onto
- You can choose the : Student groups use the “” website to go through videos and answers questions on 16 first aid topics. Online worksheet with links and QR Codes make this activity easy-access and perfect for teachers without a computer lab!
- Or you can choose the : Students use the American Red Cross First Aid Smartphone App to go through videos and answers questions on 15 first aid topics. No computer lab needed!
- Students will also have fun with "First Aid Injury and Response Scenario Reenactments" that they will present to class! (Be sure to warn others in your school in case they see your students around school in emergency situations!)
Note: The middle and high school units are not designed to be used to teach to the same students in both programs, as activities may overlap! If you need both middle and high school Health units to teach to the same students, see our "Sequential Middle and High School Health!"
1. Unresponsive and not breathing
2. Heart attack
3. Heat Stroke
5. Bleeding heavily
6. Concussion and Head Injury
7. Seizures / Epilepsy
8. Unresponsive and breathing
9. Asthma attack
10. Broken bone
14. Poisoning / Harmful Substances
15. Strains and Sprains
16. Diabetic Emergency
- "Such a great bundle. Minimal planning needed, just purchase and go. My students were so engaged with the material. Awesome!"
- "I love your units. The content is excellent and the activities are very engaging."
- "Very happy with this purchase, made my first time teaching first aid skills in health easy! Students were engaged and learned a lot. Thanks!"
- "The lessons were creative and kept the material super interesting!"
- "Fantastic resource! I love how you organize your lessons."
- You can assign Health worksheets in your or paperless environment using these student worksheets, surveys, and tests created on Google Slides !
- Also includes
! Simply my "Student Docs Google Slideshow" (which includes fill-in text boxes) to your computer (Yes- text boxes remain intact!) and !
Get a I created to show: (Click here for an example!)
- How to navigate my files and folders
- How to use the Google Slideshows
- How Microsoft users can use my Google Slideshows
- How to send only one day's lessons to your students at a time
- How to add new information/pages to a Google Slideshow
- How to edit and upload worksheets, voice-over slides, and add an instructional video on top of slides
- Uploading to Google Drive tips, how to set up files for an organize Google Drive, and more!
- If you upload this unit's PowerPoint and convert to Google Slides; then voice-over audio teacher instructions, you can send audio lessons home for a FULLY INDEPENDENT STUDY UNIT! (Full instructions included!)
- 62 pages of step-by-step teacher directions
- 46-Slide PowerPoint that walks you through the lessons
- 9 Documents (ALL student docs on 37 GOOGLE SLIDES and 2 Google Forms)
- Printable copies of State, National, and Common Core Standards. (All 8 National Standards, 4 State Standards, and 4 Common Core Standards are met in this resource!)
: Explanation and printable posters are included for each lesson, and three different “Learning Target Worksheets” are designed for students to copy target at beginning of class, and/or answer questions at the end of class!
-FUN intro video
-First Aid Group Work in groups of 3
-“First Aid Skills Group Sheet” with videos to walk them through scenarios!
-Either use the British version with"Q.R. Coded Worksheet" or use the "American Red Cross First Aid Smartphone App (Students can access websites directing from the QR Code or Smartphone App!)
-Fun First Aid Cartoon
-Finish First Aid Group Work
-Decide which injury to do for group injury reenactment activity
-First aid animation video
-Begin reenactment injury response planning
DAY 3 + 4:
-Students work on injury response reenactment scenarios
-Group Grading Rubric included!
DAY 5 + 6:
-Groups perform reenactment scenarios to class!
-Optional "Emergency Evacuation Pan with Family Homework"
-"CPR Card Template"
-C.P.R. Video "New CPR Guidelines for Adults" and "Video Review Sheet" and Key
-Retro "Stayin' Alive" music!
-C.P.R. and how to use an AED
-Optional School Nurse, Paramedic, Fireman, other professional guest, or teacher teach C.P.R. training
-After watching an interview with NFL football player Damar Hamlin discussing his collapse on the football field during a nationally televised game; and recognizing the miracle of how first aid responders literally saved his life, students will complete a “!”
DAY 9, 10, 11:
-Wilderness First Aid videos
-“Wilderness First Aid” lessons:
- Wrapping sprained ankles
- Making a leg splint
- Making an arm sling
-Unit Assessment Options
-Student-Created PowerPoint Slide Quiz
-Online American Red Cross Quizzes
-Kahoot Online Interactive Quizzes
DAY 11 + 12:
-Public Service Announcements Examples
-Students create "Public Service Posters"
-"Art Rubric" included
DAY 13 + 14:
-First Aid Cartoons!
-Creating a First Aid Kit from the American Red Cross List
-Additional Videos, including: Adult, Infant and Child C.P.R., and
Babysitting and Life Guarding.
This resource is taken from our #1 Best-Selling High School Health Curriculum on Teacher Pay Teachers!!
★ Here are more details about this program:
>> Integrated Skills Based, Content Based / Knowledge Based. The best of both worlds.
>> Meets all HS National Health Education Standards.
>> Meets all HS Technical Subjects Health Common Core Standards.
>> Meets all Washington State’s rigorous Health Education Standards.
-"Learning Targets," "Exit Tasks," and "Daily Assessments" are also listed at the top of each lesson.
-Table of Content Links ALL daily lessons for quick navigation!
Stay up to date with New Resources & Sales!!
Sign-Up for Updates
Check out our TpT Store
Follow our Social Media: Instagram & Pinterest
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ We value your reviews! After making a purchase and using our products, head back to this page to leave a review on our product ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Thank you so much for previewing!!
Health Education Today
* Professional Development Approved: Ask your school to purchase this curriculum for you!!
* School Purchase Orders Accepted: Simply follow the prompt for P.O.’s in your cart.
Copyright © Health Education Today, Inc. All rights reserved by the author.
Each purchase is for single use only and should not be shared with others.
The purchaser is granted permission to make duplicates for classroom use only. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the Internet are all strictly prohibited unless it is a password-protected student website. Violations are subject to penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.