TeacherPayTeachers #1 Best-Selling High School Environmental Health Unit!
Click here for a preview of this product.
Foster a care and concern for our environment, and inspire your high school teens with a community awareness! Help students make your school, community, and world a great place to live and work. These 2+ week units are project-based and engaging!!
>> Integrated Skills Based, Content Based / Knowledge Based. The best of both worlds.
>> Meets all HS National Health Education Standards.
>> Meets all HS Technical Subjects Health Common Core Standards.
>> Meets all Washington State’s rigorous Health Education Standards.
- 47 Pages of Step-By-Step Teacher Directions
- 28+ Links to Amazing Videos on 10 topics!
- SAVES YOU HOURS OF RESEARCH!
- 76 PowerPoint Slides with awesome graphics!
- ★ NEW! Skills-Based Student Advocacy Project! See “Preview” for an example!
- 9 Worksheets or Handouts
- ALL STUDENT DOCS AND uploaded onto .
- Meets State, National, and Common Core Standards Health Standards
- Includes Learning Target Posters
- Includes Learning Target Worksheet Choices
- Includes Learning Target Posters to post in your classroom!
- Assign Health worksheets in your or paperless environment using these student worksheets, surveys, and tests created on Google Slides !
- ★ ! Simply my "Student Docs Google Slideshow" (which includes fill-in text boxes) to your computer (Yes- text boxes remain intact!) and !
- ★ Includes a I created to show you not only s; but also how to use the Google Slideshows, how Microsoft users can use my Google Slideshows, how to send only one day's lessons to your students, how to add new information/pages to a Google Slideshow, how to edit and upload worksheets, how to voice-over slides, how to add an instructional video on top of slides, uploading to Google Drive tips, how to set up files for an organize Google Drive, and more! (Click here for an example!)
- Note: The middle and high school units are not sequential. Lessons not designed to use both, as activities may overlap! If you need both middle and high school Health Units to teach to the same students, see my "Sequential Middle and High School Health!")
Here is another video showing features of my Health units!
-Students watch an amazing video to help them understand the 10 top environmental issues
-Next they use the "10 Environmental Issues Worksheet” with a partner to record reactions and solutions regarding their issue
-Students then group up to do an interesting "10 Issues Group Activity"
-They finish the day with short videos on each topic (all links included!)
-Finish up watching the videos
-Re-rate your initial reactions!
-How one person can make a difference!
-“What Can I Do Follow-Up Project”
DAY 3 to Day 10: The rest of the unit has several options depending on the amount of time you have. Here are the options. (Website links are included!)
-“Bottled Water" video
-‘What Can I do?’ Posters” around the room activity
-Environmental Protection Agency 8 Topics and “All Hands Working Together Project” (project template included!)
-True stories of environmental harm
-Brochures (template included)
-"Environmental Workplace Risk Research"
-Write a “Workplace Hazard” report
-Make a “Public Service Announcement” poster or video
-Doing a real project that helps an environmental issue and documenting it!
"Human Footprint" video
-Use my state assessment on an environmental issue
Community Health Activities Include: This unit includes 21 different ideas to promote “Community Health." All websites are included!
- “Community Health” discussion and video
- Students learn 6 Key Ingredients to a healthy community
- They then choose between:
- "The Ideal City Project" where student actually create models of an ideal city using cardboard boxes and props
- "Community Health Project" - Students could choose a hazardous issue from diabetes to heart disease to cancer, to home hazards, to public safety issues, and come up with solutions to reduce that risk.
If you still have more time, there's more:
-”Health and Fitness Careers Research” (worksheet included)
-“Occupational and Career Choices” and their relationship to “Health and Fitness”
-”Public Service Announcements” (examples included)
-”10 Best Cities for Affordable Healthcare”
-”Cultural Diversity in Public College and Universities”
-“Allergy Friendly Homes”
-”Health Career Research and Posters”
-”Long-Term Health Goals” (SMART GOAL SHEET included)
-”Cancer Warning Signs” (handout included)
-“Family Health Project”
-“Family Medical History” (homework included)
Stay up to date with New Resources & Sales!!
Sign-Up for Updates
Check out our TpT Store
Follow our Social Media: Instagram & Pinterest
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ We value your reviews! After making a purchase and using our products, head back to this page to leave a review on our product ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Thank you so much for previewing!!
Health Education Today
* Professional Development Approved: Ask your school to purchase this curriculum for you!!
* School Purchase Orders Accepted: Simply follow the prompt for P.O.’s in your cart.
Copyright © Health Education Today, Inc. All rights reserved by the author.
Each purchase is for single use only and should not be shared with others.
The purchaser is granted permission to make duplicates for classroom use only. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the Internet are all strictly prohibited unless it is a password-protected student website. Violations are subject to penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.