TeacherPayTeachers #1 Best-Selling 4th Grade Health Curriculum!!
Click here for a preview of this product.
4th Grade teachers will love this unique program and it's designed to be low-prep. It's 28 lessons with step by step teacher directions!!
Besides the 28 Task Cards, includes an additional 63 pages of step-by-step teacher directions with additional activities, art projects and video links to teach in class. There is so much more than just worksheets!
: "Teacher Directions" and all lesson Task Cards are on GOOGLE DRIVE for "Distance Learning! (130 Google Slides!)
- Or use a combination of all 3 versions!
If you want a Health program...
- that’s fun, engaging, challenging, and thought-provoking
- that meets State, National, and Common Core Standards
- that can have parents involved in their child’s health and wellness
- because you don’t have the time to teach Health topics
- because your current Health program is boring your students!
- because your school doesn’t have a Health curriculum!
- to homeschool your child...
- Busy classroom teachers!
- Distance learning
- Home schools
- Students with an extended absence
- Self-contained classrooms
- Sub plans!
- HOME LEARNING DURING SCHOOL CLOSURES
More About this Program:
- EASY-TO -USE
- GREAT FOR SOCIAL AND EMOTIONAL LEARNING (SEL)
- NO MORE SEARCHING FOR LESSON IDEAS OR PREVIEWING VIDEOS!
- PERFECT FOR BUSY ELEMENTARY TEACHERS WHO TEACH SO MANY DIFFERENT TOPICS!
- FULLY EDITABLE!
★ See a fun video preview of this resource
- Meet your state Health Standards without using class time by sending all 27 task cards home as homework to do with parents/guardians!
NEW! Use this program ! All 28 Task Cards are now uploaded onto 130 Google Slides and student task pages are able to be filled in online! Directions walk students through each lesson - PERFECT for DISTANCE LEARNING!
- Teach all or part of the task card lesson in class, (63 pages of teacher directions are included!)
- “This is a game changer!”
- “Both my students and I enjoy these activities!”
- “So full of engaging aligned activities…I am set for the whole year.”
- “I cannot tell you how excited I am about this purchase. I love that it is quick, easy and engaging. I feel like I never get around to teaching health.”
: So much more than just worksheets!
- Walk you step-by-step through the lesson
- Give additional and
to your students about the topics
- Include engaging individual and group
- Suggest fun to enhance the lessons!! (60 video links included - this alone will save you hours and hours of searching for good videos!)
>> Integrated Skills Based, Content Based / Knowledge Based. The best of both worlds.
>> Meets National Health Education Standards.
>> Meets Grade 4 Health Common Core Standards.
>> Meets Washington State’s rigorous 4th Grade Health Education Standards.
THIS PROGRAM SHOULD EASILY MEET YOUR STATE STANDARDS AS WELL!
: Each lesson includes a Learning Target with space for student feedback.
1. "I will learn how to eat healthy from all the food groups."
- Choice of Mayo Clinic or MyPlate programs
- Background info and websites
- Food groups tally worksheet
2. "I will understand the actual amount in serving sizes."
- Serving sizes explanation and visual
- Serving sizes video
- Serving sizes posters and “Ambassadors idea”
3. "I will learn how to read a food label." ★!★
- “Food Label Reading Practice”
- Background information website
- Free “Food Label Reading Full Lesson” link
4. "I will learn what the word "wellness" means and why sleep is important.
- Background information on the importance of sleep
- “Tips for a Good Night’s Sleep” posters
5. "I will learn the importance of exercise!"
- Background information and “Fuel Up to Play 60” program info
- “Obstacle Course Fun!”
6. "I will understand the 3 keys to a healthy body."
- “The 3 Sides to a Healthy Life”
- “Get Well Selfie Cards”
7. "I will recognize different body systems."
- “Human Body Systems Review”
- Optional videos on several systems
- Label systems and do optional life-sized body art
8. "I will learn how to take care of my bones."
- Understanding bone health
- Fun videos!
- “What Can You Do to Protect Your Bones” activity
9. "I will understand why water is important and see if I am getting enough daily."
- Why water is important background info
- Optional videos
- “Drinking Water Recording Sheet”
10. "I will learn facts about puberty and the importance of good hygiene."
- Background information on puberty and hygiene
- Optional videos
- “Puberty Posters”
11. "I will learn that I can control my mood, emotions, and attitude!"
- Understanding puberty and emotions
- “Emotions Puzzle”
12. "I will learn about childhood illnesses."
- Background website on childhood illnesses
- Genetics facts
- "Childhood Illness Stories”
- Overcoming challenges from Covid-19
13. "I will learn that health issues can be hereditary and what issues are in my own family genetics.”
- Family genetics discussion
- “Why Do You Look Like Your Parents?” video
- Optional “Learning Disabilities” information
- “Family Medical History Homework”
14. "I will learn what items should be in a first aid kit and how specific items can help."
- Demonstrating first aid kit items
- “First Aid Kit Worksheet”
15. "I will learn how to relieve stress in healthy ways."
- The 3 “outs" to relieve stress
- Scenarios handout
16. I will learn how to protect myself from stranger danger."
- “Stranger Danger Quiz”
- “Stranger Danger” information
- “Stranger Danger True-False Quizzes”
17. I will demonstrate that I know the traits of positive self-esteem."
- Discuss “Positive Self-Esteem”
- “Self-Esteem Song” video
- “Self-Esteem iPad Art”
18. I will demonstrate ways to improve self-esteem by practicing positive self-talk
- thinking positive rather than negative thoughts!
19. "I will learn the dangers of tobacco, alcohol, and drugs and cautions for not using."
- Understanding the danger of tobacco, alcohol, and drugs
- “Anti-Drug Art”
20. "I will learn positive things to do instead of drugs."
- More on drug dangers
- The brain and drugs
- “Things to Do Instead of Drugs” art activity
21. "I will see how drugs can change kids and teens and cause them to lose their goals and dreams."
- How Pot Hurt Me Card Game”
22. "I will learn how to recognize someone else's emotions by looking at them."
- Understanding emotions
- “What Emotion is This?” worksheet
23. I will learn how to calm down and control my anger."
- Understanding the problems with anger
- “Anger Cartoons” project
24. "I will understand what child abuse is and what to do if it's happening to me."
- Understanding and recognizing child abuse
- Background information and websites
- Resources for help
- Interactive abuse activity
25. "I will learn why put-downs hurt, and I will practice put-ups.
- Understanding put-downs
- Videos for great examples!
- Learning to show empathy
- “Put Ups Worksheet!”
26. I will understand the traits of a good friend."
- Tips for being a good friend
- “Friendship Wheels” art
27. "I will learn decision-making skills and how to get out of negative situations in a healthy way."
- The “WHO” decision-making model
28. "I will review everything I learned this year and choose a positive life slogan."
- Reviewing “Learning Targets” from the year
- Advertiser’s tricks and tips to avoid them!
- "Interactive Life Quote Treasure Chests"
- "Final Health Assessment"
★ 25 BEST COOPERATIVE GAMES now included!
- THIS RESOURCE IS NOT INCLUDED IN ANY OF MY OTHER CURRICULUMS!
- Documents are editable and included in PowerPoint formats.
- Ask your school district to purchase this curriculum for you!
- Purchase Orders are accepted! Follow the prompt for P.O.’s once in your cart.
- Each purchase is for single use only, and should not be shared with others.
- Additional license for other teachers to buy this product are at a reduced price if done during original purchase (Click the license button during purchase). (SAVE $$$)
Stay up to date with New Resources & Sales!!
Sign-Up for Updates
Check out our TpT Store
Follow our Social Media: Instagram & Pinterest
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ We value your reviews! After making a purchase and using our products, head back to this page to leave a review on our product ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Thank you so much for previewing!!
Health Education Today
* Professional Development Approved: Ask your school to purchase this curriculum for you!!
* School Purchase Orders Accepted: Simply follow the prompt for P.O.’s in your cart.
Copyright © Health Education Today, Inc. All rights reserved by the author.
Each purchase is for single use only and should not be shared with others.
The purchaser is granted permission to make duplicates for classroom use only. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the Internet are all strictly prohibited unless it is a password-protected student website. Violations are subject to penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.