Single Non-Transferable License
★★★★★ This WAS my #1 best selling of all my sub plans, but I re-created it into a “Teach in Class” lesson, OR a “Teach ALL Distance Learning Online” resource – SO NOW IT’S IN 3 FORMATS, SO YOU CAN CHOOSE ONE OR ALL!
-This program is not only in print version, but now is also on Google Docs!
-Teachers can literally send the 2 links in this lesson and it can completely be done students at home.
-This lesson relates to all teenagers. It involves an inspiring look into the childhoods of 14+ celebrities. So if you teach or work with teens, this activity is for you.
-Students will be inspired to overcome their own hardships as they read these stories and share with peers.
-Celebrities range from actor Jim Carrey-whose family spent time living in a van, to football ball player Shaquem Griffin-who had his hand amputated at age 4 but didn’t let that stop him from becoming a pro NFL football player, to singer Selena Gomez who was born to a 16-year old mom and struggled with her incredible success as a very young artist. All of the celebrities found various, motivating ways to find success.
-This resource includes step-by-step Google Slide directions with several fill-in worksheets, and the “Celebrity Articles” on a PDF Google Doc. Perfect for distance learning during school closures.
-This resource is perfect for promoting social and emotional learning (SEL).
-“A lifesaver!” “Awesome!” “Engaging.”
-“It is so nice to know that they will be accomplishing something meaningful when I am out.”
-“This gives a contemporary new twist which will be interesting to my students.”
-“This was a great lesson to have my substitute teach. The sub said the students were engaged the whole time and all completed the assignment.”
-“This is awesome and has saved me a ton of time which is precious to a teacher.”
-CREATED BY A TEACHER – This activity is tried and tested. I’ve taught it for years with my 9th graders and it’s always been a favorite.
-NEW, TRENDING CELEBS! ALL FUTURE UPDATES FOR LIFE ARE INCLUDED! All new celebrities, activities, and any changes that I create for this unit are FREE!!
–This resource meets standards:
-HERE IS MORE ABOUT :
1. Students do the activity by reading the articles and marking the worksheet while they read. For the in class version they will share in small groups.
2. The whole activity is now on Google Docs. It includes a 35-page PDF of all articles and fill-in Google Slides worksheets and step-by-step directions.
3. Includes 60 pages of step-by-step “Full Teacher Directions” if you want to teach in class.
4. Includes 35 pages of celebrity articles.
5. 9 additional celebrity articles in an “Extra Articles Folder” – Still available after these celebs were replaced with newer articles
6. An “Overcoming Hardships Reflection Worksheet” to have students fill out
7. Follow-up “Celebrity Homework” Assignment
8. Learning Target Posters are included, as well as 3 different student target check-off sheets
-“Overcoming Hardships Personal Survey for Students with Goal”
-Fun “Motivating Quotes” Handout
-“Motivating Quotes” Art Project (student examples included)
-Mahatma Gandhi “Character” poster and art project
Be sure to click on the “Preview” to see more
-Copyright © Health Education Today, Inc. All rights reserved by author.
-Each purchase is for single teacher use only, and .
-The purchaser is granted permission to make duplicates for classroom use only. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the Internet are all strictly prohibited unless it is a password-protected student website. Violations are subject to penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.